Take a penny leave a penny

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The theme park goes out of business on account of the lack of tourism. I throw a penny as a memory.

There is now a penny in the pile.

Seeing his chance, an especially pushy Buddhist monk jumps into the pile to preach about the cyclicality of all life. He sets up a small stand.

There is now a penny and a Buddhist monk handing out "Samsara" Pamphlets on the pile. 

No one looks at the pamphlets before immediately discarding them.

There is now a penny, a Buddhist monk handing out "Samsara" Pamphlets, and a bunch of crunch up paper on the pile. 

The local environmentalist group sees the growing pile of litter and decides to sponsor it.

There is now a penny, a Buddhist monk handing out "Samsara" Pamphlets, a group of environmentalists with trash bags and a reducing amount of crumpled paper. 

I change the sentence slightly.

There is now a nudist monk handing out “Samsara” pamphlets, a group of environmentalists with trash bags and a reducing amount of crumpled paper in the pile.

The environmentalists picked up all the trash. They notice the nudists monk and like his style.

There is now a large pile of "earthy crunchy" clothes in the pile.

@ChebyshevII_PE walks by and as is tradition "accidentally" ignited the pile of clothes.

There is now a burning large pile of "earthy crunchy" clothes along with the nudist environmentalists making s'mores in the pile.

The "earth crunchy" clothes have finished burning, though they sustained themselves extraordinarily long. Must be all those essential oils.

There are a small pile of ashes, several well fed nudist environmentalists, and a steadily gathering swarm of mosquito in the pile.

I remove all “e’s”.

Thr ar a small pil of ashs, svral wll fd nudist nvironmntalists, and a stadily gathring swarm of mosquito in the pil.

The mosquito swarm attracted some bats.

Thr ar a small pil of ashs, svral wll fd nudist nvironmntalists, and some bats in the pil.

I add the EB Mafia game. Minus “e”, of course.

Thr ar a small pil of ashs, svral wll fd nudist nvironmntalists, som bats, and th B Mafia gam in th pil.

The bats bit the environmentalists causing a rabies outbreak.

Thr ar a small pil of ashs, svral wll fd nudist rabid nvironmntalists, som bats, and th B Mafia gam in th pil.

The Mafia Coaching staff come watch the Mafia plotting in the pile, and are so impressed they promote them to the A Team.

Thr ar a small pil of ashs, svral wll fd nudist rabid nvironmntalists, som bats, and th A Mafia gam in th pil.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dig a well beside the pile. A protstr falls down the well while the mafia looks on laughing.

Thr ar a small pil of ashs, a few wll fd nudist rabid nvironmntalists, a rabid concussed nakd vigilante calling himself "the Batman", som bats, a well, and th A Mafia gam in th pil.

Apparently the virus from the bats is the same from the movie Quarantine. 

Thr ar a small pil of ashs, a few wll fd nudist rabid nvironmntalists, a rabid concussed nakd vigilante calling himself "the Batman", som bats, a well, and th A zombi gam in th pil.

A loveable grandma happens upon the pile and decides it would make a great alphabet soup for her grandchildren. She takes all of the incomplete words, but leaves the whole ones and punctuation (no-one likes eating those).

small of, a few nudist rabid, a rabid concussed vigilante calling himself "the Batman", bats, a well, and A in.

I unleash my OCD. I take three commas as payments. The pile now contains:

a rabid concussed vigilante calling himself "the Batman" in a well of few small rabid bats, and a nudist.

The bats are found to be the last remaining population of a protected species. Despite their rabidity, the well is made a protected habitat, and the nudist is promptly arrested for habitat destruction and removed. The police somehow do not notice the vigilante, hiding amongst the guano. The cops also capitalize the sentence, because they live in fear of their 5th grade English teacher. The pile now contains: 

A rabid concussed vigilante calling himself "the Batman and a few small rabid bats in a well which is listed on the WWF protected habitats list.

I wander by the pile to find the now deceased vigilante. I ask the coroner to take him away; the autopsy revealed that the man passed away from complications resulting from a bite from the rabid bats, which were nowhere to be found. Compounded with the vigilante’s concussion, there was reason to suspect that his death was no mere coincidence; The Mafia was active recently and it is not uncommon for them to use such unorthodox methods. I leave a penny in the well in loving memory. The pile now contains:

A well with a penny in it.

Back