Take a penny leave a penny

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The EPA visits the well and determines that it was not properly abandoned. A construction crew removes the dirt and fills it with epoxy instead. Not knowing who to bill to, the crew leaves the invoice on the now properly-filled hole.

There are now -3,000,000 pennies in the pile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that doesn't seem fair. To balance it out, I add 16,087.5 ignots of zinc, and 412.5 ingots of copper to the pile.

There are now 16,087.5 ignots of zinc and 412.5 ignots of copper ready to be smelted and minted into coins in the pile.

A strongman competition co-opts the raw materials, and instead turns them into dumb-bells. 

There is now a small throng of disturbingly ripped men and women lifting heavy things and putting them back down on the pile. 

I tired of watching these shenanigans from the sidelines, and decide to participate. No longer using my boredom I add it to the pile.

There is now a small throng of disturbingly ripped, but bored, men and women lifting heavy things and putting them back down on the pile. 

I notice all the bored, strongman competitors in the pile, and question who is the strongest. I throw 1,000,000 pennies in the pile for them to fight over.

There is now a small throng of disturbingly ripped, men and women fighting each other, and 1,000,000 pennies in the pile.

I bring a boombox and begin playing Richard Strauss' "Also Sprach Zarathustra" while they fight over the 1,000,000 pennies. 

There is now a small throng of disturbingly ripped men and women fighting over 1,000,000 pennies, a boombox playing "Also Sprach Zarathustra", and Stanley Kubrick's scowling ghost on the pile.

I don't know what any of those words mean, so I purchase a pop culture encyclopedia. Not finding any reference to "Also Sprach Zarathustra" or "Stanley Kubrick", I get frustrated and throw it onto the pile.

There is now a small throng of disturbingly ripped men and women fighting over 1,000,000 pennies, a boombox playing "Also Sprach Zarathustra", Stanley Kubrick's scowling ghost, and a pop culture encyclopedia on the pile.

An astute strongman takes hold of the pop culture encyclopedia and uses it as a weapon. Emboldened by the boombox playing "Also Sprach Zarathustra," the strongman emerges victorious from the fight. He takes the 1,000,000 pennies as his reward and heaves the boombox on his shoulder, then walks gallantly into the sunset. Amazed at his performance, I throw a red rose on the pile.

There is now a red rose and Stanley Kubrick's scowling ghost in the pile.

Stanley Kubrick always wanted to take up tango dancing. His ghost puts the rose in his teeth, and begins tango dancing with the disturbingly ripped people's corpses. 

There is now a rosy but ghostly Stanley Kubrick practicing tango with various corpses in the pile.

Michael Bay videos this and adds some CGI explosions. Watching that movie, everybody says Michael Bay is the best film director of all time.

There is now a rosy and ghostly, but very angry Stanley Kubrick practicing tango with various corpses in the pile.

I decide to change it up a bit and add some Austrian music to the pile.

There is now a rosy and ghostly, but very angry Stanley Kubrick waltzing with various animated corpses in the pile.

I take the Austrian music from the pile and add a dumpster fire. There is now an odorous rosy and ghostly and Stanley Kubrick amongst various other corpses playing the EB mafia game.

I show up with my vacuum and clean up all the ashes.

There is now only seven troll dolls in the pile.

I throw @jean15paul_PE and an extra penny on the pile for forgetting to add anything to the pile and pull the arms off a troll doll. There are now six whole troll dolls, one armless troll doll, a penny, and an amnesiac on the pile.

I take the armless troll doll and add @jean15paul_PE's vaccum cleaner to the pile so he can continue cleaning. There are now six troll dolls, a penny, an amnesiac, and his vaccum cleaner in the pile.

Not wanting to be in the pile, the (non)amnesiac, @jean15paul_PE, gets up to leave. Before leaving he spits on the penny for good luck in accordance with an old Borostyrian tradition. There are now six troll dolls, a penny covered in spit, and a vacuum cleaner in the pile.

Not wanting to be in the pile, the (non)amnesiac, @jean15paul_PE, gets up to leave. Before leaving he spits on the penny for good luck in accordance with an old Borostyrian tradition. There are now six troll dolls, a penny covered in spit, and a vacuum cleaner in the pile.
Where did the armless Troll doll go?

Back