Take a penny leave a penny

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I turn myself in. My punishment is to sit in the pile for three days. The news crew leaves, and the police take the evidence with them.

There is now an incarcerated @ChebyshevII_PE And -401.75 in the pile.

I bring an old TV for his entertainment but unfortunately its only stuck on the infomercial channel.  

There is now an incarnated @ChebyshevII_PE, 9 servings of prison-loaf, ($401.75) and infomercial playing TV in the pile.

I eat 2 of @ChebyshevII_PE's prison-loaf servings, watch the infomercial channel for a while, and buy him a 5-lb shake-weight so he can make good use of prison time. Using Take-a-Penny funds of course.

There is now an incarnated (He somehow escaped incarceration to become incarnated?) @ChebyshevII_PE, 7 servings of prison-loaf, ($431.74), an infomercial playing TV, and a 5-lb shake-weight in the pile. 

I correct @RBHeadge PE‘s spelling mistake.

There is now an “incarcerated” @ChebyshevII_PE, 7 servings of prison-loaf, ($431.74), an infomercial playing TV, and a 5-lb shake-weight in the pile. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I take the remaining servings of prison-loaf & shake-weight and using the barter section of craigslist manage to trade my way up to enough money to eliminate the debt.

There is now an “incarcerated” @ChebyshevII_PE and an infomercial-playing TV.

I screenshot this thread and add it to the pile.

There is now a "**** you autocorrect" meme, an “incarcerated” @ChebyshevII_PE and a fully-functional TV in the pile.

I came by the pile during visitation hours. Chebyshevll_PE was no longer there, but cops told me that his bail  pennymoney was discovered to be counterfeit. Several cops asked if I knew the perp, but I denied everything.

There is now a “**** you autocorrect” meme, a fully-functional TV, a counterfeit penny, and a warrant for Chebyshevll's recapture in the pile.

The mailman just delivered the cable bill. A lot of mature content ordered on there. 🙄

There is now a “**** you autocorrect” meme, a fully-functional TV, and bill for $200 in the pile.

I let the service lapse. The cable company confiscates the TV.

There is now a “**** you autocorrect” meme in the pile.

The local homeless population protests the removal of the TV. 

There is now a “**** you autocorrect” meme and several protesting homeless people in the pile.

I find it interesting that the homeless people are protesting the removal of the TV and not the removal of the house/foundation that was previously in the pile. Nevertheless, I throw a penny in the pile.

There is now a “**** you, autocorrect” meme, several protesting homeless people, and a penny in the pile.

A liberal empathizes with the plight of the homeless people and brings them a TV.  The protesting ends, and they all watch HGTV together.  Inspired a network commercial, they beg for a day and have enough pennies to make their HGTV dream a reality.  After stealing a can of epoxy resin from a hardware store, the homeless people bond thousands of pennies to the sidewalk and show off their new "copper floor" to passer-bys.

There is now a "**** you, autocorrect" meme, a liberal, a TV, several crafty homeless people, and a mostly empty can of epoxy resin in the pile.

Last edited by a moderator:
The liberal posts a picture of the penny-covered sidewalk to Instagram and it goes viral. He takes credit for the work and he his made an internet star.

There is now a "**** you, autocorrect" meme, a liberal, a TV, several crafty homeless people, and a mostly empty can of epoxy resin in the pile (in other words, nothing changed).

After about a week, someone comes under cover of night and steals all of the pennies. The newly minted instagram star creates a GoFundMe page to replace it, which raises $130 over 2 weeks. People soon forget all about the episode.

There is now a "**** you, autocorrect" meme, a slightly wealthier liberal, a TV, several crafty homeless people, and a mostly empty can of epoxy resin in the pile.

I come by to drop off a sixer of PBR, but everyone left to chase after the next shiny object.

There is now a "**** you, autocorrect" meme, a six pack of PBR, a TV, and a mostly empty can of epoxy resin in the pile.

Back