Take a penny leave a penny

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I combine all of the objects in the pile into a small pub called the Portland Jesus. The meme is framed and hung over the bar next to the TV and used the rest of the resin to finish the bartop.

portlandjesus-othatoregonlife-turnswater-into-pabst-blueribbon-30938430.png

There is now a pub called the Portland Jesus in the pile.

This gets the attention of the local church.

There is now a pub called the Portland Jesus, and some angry protesters in the pile.

This calls for more alcohol.

There is now a fully stocked pub called the Portland Jesus, and some angry protesters in the pile.

the crowd brings in more hip restaurants and hipsters.

There is now a hip street with the Portland Jesus, and a booming real estate market in the pile

The angry religious protestors rig the next mayoral election to get one of their own in office who has sworn to "strike down" the blasphemous Portland Jesus pub

There is now a hip street with the Portland Jesus, a booming real estate market, and an angry religious mayor in the pile

Distracted by presidential live-tweets of the democratic debate, no-one notices the angry religious mayor passing a prohibition law. The pile is now in a dry county. 

There is now a hip dry street with the a "Dry-bar" called Portland Jesus, a lagging real estate market, and an angry but smug religious mayor in the pile.

For some reason the county becomes frequently visited by a 1969 orange Dodge Charger with a Confederate flag on the roof who leads the local police on wild car chases with each visit.

There is now a hip not-so-dry street with the a not-so-dry, anti-prohibition bar called the Portland Jesus, a stabilized real estate market, and an angry but smug religious mayor who now has to deal with an outrageous police budget in the pile.

It turns out that the Portland Jesus was built in a very narrow flood plain, and no-one did their due diligence. An abrupt flash flood washes the not-so-dry anti-prohibition bar out of the county (and off of the pile). The smug mayor and several of the most vocal "complainers" leave the county, to find more drama. 

There is now a damp empty lot on (in?) the pile. 

I walk over and deposit  :2cents: . 

There is now two pennies and some muddy foot prints in the pile.

A small pack of hipsters comes looking for the Portland Jesus bar, which was rated highly on "Yolop", the restaurant rating service. They see the muddy footprints and immediately recognize them as sasquatch tracks. They begin selling tickets to view them. 

There are now two pennies, and a revenue generating tourist attraction on the pile. 

I come to visit the tourist attraction but am mistaken for Sasquatch. Must be my oversized feet. They take me prisoner (ugh, not again).

There are now two pennies, a revenue generating tourist attraction (which suddenly got a popularity boost) and a caged @ChebyshevII_PE in the pile.

I recognize @ChebyshevII_PE so I leave my project drawings with him for a peer review. It takes him 3 weeks to review and stamp the drawings.

There are now two pennies, a revenue generating tourist attraction, a stamped set of project drawings, and a caged @ChebyshevII_PE, and only 3 days of beef jerky left in the pile.

After eating only beef jerky for 3 weeks, @ChebyshevII_PE has started to exhibit symptoms of scurvy. I smuggle in bag of oranges and a kale and broccoli salad for him, and steal the pile's pennies as my payment. 

There is now a scurvy free revenue generating tourist attraction, a stamped set of project drawings, a caged @ChebyshevII_PE, and 3 days of beef jerky left in the pile.

I came to eat beef jerky and escape from my cage. And I'm all out of beef jerky.

There is now a revenue generating tourist attraction and a stamped set of project drawings in the pile.

I collect the stamped drawings and submit them to the city for approval. Their review finds that @ChebyshevII_PE's PE stamp does not cover the work shown on the drawings and launches an inquiry into his business practices.

There is now a revenue generating tourist attraction and a State Board investigator in the pile.

After rigorous and intense questioning the state board investigator realizes I never actually agreed to stamp the drawings, but it was forced upon me while I was in confinement. The investigator leaves to go look for @Dexman PE PMP for further questioning.

There is now a revenue generating tourist attraction in the pile.

I reinvest some of the profits into the tourist attraction.

There is now a tourist attraction with accompanying theme park, and $37,420.47 in the pile.

I rode the roller coaster but forgot how badly motion sickness affects me. I take the money to pay for my hospital bill; there was nothing left over.

There is now a tourist attraction with accompanying theme park, and a pile of vomit in the pile.

The cleaning crew comes in to clean up the mess. They accidentally clean up the footprints too.

There is now a theme park in the pile.

Back