Survivor

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Minus 1,345 for LOTR:

bush_lord-of-the-rings.jpg

Let's talk diversity and racial tolerance now:

In LOTR it's humans, elves (attractive white people with pointy ears), and hobbits (short white people) killing hordes of "lesser" and "evil" races that are - surprise! - not white.

In SW you've got humans teaming up with not only humans of different races, but entirely different species of alien beings, artificial intelligence, and even individuals with disabilities (Jar Jar). And while some could argue that the new Clone Wars series on cartoon network stereotypes or degrades droids, the evidence of SW I through VI suggests otherwise: droids are treated as valued and loved members of the team.

In LOTR the battles are fought to "protect" the humanoid's society from the savage "other races."

In SW I-III, battles are fought to liberate oppressed alien races, spread representative democracy, and restore free trade throughout the entire universe.

I think SW clearly wins in these important contemporary measures of civilization.

a story that is well told can end gracefully. while a disaster may spawn uncounted fan fictions.
A well constructed universe can be endlessly expanded upon.

Graceful ending = "and they lived happily ever after". Kinda like one of those little fairy tale movies they play on the Disney Channel.

swlawnfertilizer2th.jpg

Star Wars 1-3 was such shit, they had to start bagging it.

Plus 700 Billion for LOTR and a future stimulus package to be named.

It's OK NCcarguy, that pic is of TWO LOTR fans trying their best to be cool. THEY FAILED.

+1 SW

[SIZE=12pt]Star wars is based on the Akira Kurosawa film The Seven Samurai, a 1954 Japanese masterpiece wherein a team of 19th Century Samurai free a princess by attacking a space station.[/SIZE]

Japanese knock off

-10000 SW

Frodo to Bilbo: "Bilbo, what's the best thing about having sex with twenty eight year olds?"

Bilbo to Frodo: "I don't know Frodo?"

Frodo to Bilbo: "That there's twenty of them".

+1 SW

Hayden Christensen's lifeless an horrible acting job as anikan
IF you are that into the THESBIAN crap, then go watch the LOTRs. If you want to see a good movie with lots of action that KICKS ASS, then go watch Star Wars.

+1 SW.

the Film Actors Guilds (FAGs) said LOTR is a good movie. Another point SW

If you want to see a good movie with lots of action that KICKS ASS, then go watch Star Wars.
No, Star Wars I-III were not good movies! They had lots of whiny brats played by bad actors with horrible dialogs and poor action scenes. George Lucas ruined star war!

+1 LOTR

Star Wars has the ultimate in bad guys. Darth Maul is awesome and EVERYONE on the planet can recognize Darth Vader.

LOTR has a freakin' eyeball.??? ?? WTF????

A shitload of points to SW.

:vadar: :vadar: :vadar: :vadar: :vadar: :vadar: :vadar: :vadar: :vadar: :vadar:

It's an EB emoticon! Points for SW.

Let's talk religion.

If humans of the future discover partial copies of the Star Wars films, it could very well be enough to serve as the basis for a new religion for humankind.

If future humans discover LOTR, they'll just take it as evidence that early humans lived primitively and had no centralized spiritual theory.

It is a little known fact that an ancient sumerian series of epic poems titled (in ancient sumerian) the "bib le" served as inspiration for the "Bible" of the Judeao-Christian belief system. In bib le, a series of heroes set off on quests to free their people, etc., from raging hordes of mummies. For example, in "bib le II" the hero "moses" uses what can only be called "The Force" to move the ocean aside to cross the Red Sea and smash the raging zombie hordes behind him.

Up until 2004 the only known copy of "bib le" was a very incomplete set of scrolls discovered in a cave in Israel. Carbon dating has placed its age at around 4,100 BC. It is believed, among some, that the "Bible" was based on this incomplete account.

But the discovery of a complete set of scrolls in Iraq in 2004 revealed the true nature of the epic poem series: it was the world's first action adventure.

So mark my words, 10,000 years in the future, humans will be worshiping "The Force" at "Jedi Temples". Frodo will have disappeared from humankind's imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back