Survivor

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Road Guy

Reaction score
Team 1

Cement

csb

flbuff

Roadwreck

JR

Chucktown

Dark Knight

rudy

NCYANKEE

snickerd3

klk_pdx

Team A (since no one wants to be team 2)

Supebeard

TXENGRCHICK

mary

willheld

flyer_pe

mudpuppy

Dvinny

Dleg

MA_PE

Captain Worley

gymrat1279

Your first challenge it to pick a name for your team. You need a creative signature with your team name in it so we can tell you apart on here, or use the same avatar. This challenge ends at the same time as the second challenge, but dont wait as we need to be able find you in the second challenge!!! You can change the graphics and sigs/avatars, but the whole group has to change them at the same time (or within 24 hours) There isnt a vote for this challenge, but if a member does more to help than the team can consider that for the second challenge!

Your second challenge is to debate the following on its merits:

Team 1 will debate that Lord of the Rings was far superior than Star Wars Episode I-III

Team A will debate that Star Wars Epsiode I-III was far superior than Lord of the Rings

Winner will be decided by vote in the Shoot the Breeze forum on which team has done a better job of proving its point, you may use anything you think is necessary to prove your assignment.

Debate will end at EST Sunday @ Midnight (2-1-09)

Before the vote is taken, each team will PM me about who they think most deserves immunity, and you can vote for yourself for immunity ONE time during the game. Member with most votes wins immunity.

After the debate (Challenge) and we decide "who lost" the losing team will PM me with their vote for who they want to get rid of, if you do not vote, you vote for yourself (I will let you know when its time for tribal council)

Basically if your team loses, then that team votes for the person who they think did the least work, or didnt help out their team.....

Remember theres no crying in baseball or about this stupid game, if it goes the way it should there will be one winner and 18 losers! ;)

Good Luck

Start debating in this thread now- Dont start other threads about this challenge.....

passwords to the survivor sub forums have been sent to one team member for each to distribute!

Last edited by a moderator:
and we have room for one more as we have 10 on one team and 11 on the other, so you have one more chance to play if you want, next person to post gets the spot!

Can I play? I missed out on the 10K thread and this sounds like fun.

I'm not even playing and I have to comment on this one!!!!! CSB....is there something you're not telling us? and BTW....you JUST moved up a few more notches on the HOT meter!

Getting it on with your sister doesn't count.

centuarlukeen0zm0.jpg

Point LOTR

and I think we're even on the Tattoos:

Top 10 Reasons that SW is better than LOTR:

10. The relevent backstory can be told in a 30-second scroll, not a 900-page novel.

9. Obi-wan's hair still looks soft and managable even after fighting on every planet this side of the Kessel Run. Aragorn's? Ha!

8. Obi-wan would have sensed the destruction of Moria. " . . . as if a thousand dwarves cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."

7. Hrmph. I did not see a SINGLE half-naked elf dancer ANYWHERE in Rivendell...

6. The Star Wars cast list is more diverse. LOTR is whiter than Tren Lott's Christmas party.

5. Officer: Lord Vader we have reached an unknown planet in the uncharted regions of space. It is supposedly refered to as Middle Earth. Vader:Sounds boring. Blow it up.

4. Thrill as an old man tries to figure out how to open an old door!

3. In LOTR, short guys with pointy ears run away like pansies at the sight of danger. In Star Wars, short guys with pointy ears KICK ASS!!!!

2. The force is the ultimate power, while the ring does little more than compliment a fancy outfit.

And the #1 reason that Star Wars is better than Lord of the Rings...

Three words: Slave Girl Outfit

At least Star Wars has an actual villain, not some stupid burning eye sitting on top of a tower.

In Star Wars, Christopher Lee was beaten by an ass-kicking Jedi named Yoda. In LOTR, he was beaten by a slow-moving tree named.... oh, who cares what his name was. HE WAS A TREE, for crying out loud!!

Crap Gollum's grammar is

... awesome totally, Yoda's grammar is, in comparison.

I pity the fools that mess with the A-team!

:ghey:

rotkending.jpg

...not that there's anything wrong with that... :dunno:

Um, I think you guys are thinking of the wrong movies: Star Wars Episodes I through III were as follows:

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

The Phantom Menace was a complete menace! I shiver just thinking about having to listen to Jar Jar talk:

"Weesa all sinking and no power. Whena yousa thinking we are in trouble?"

Point for LOTR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back