Survivor

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
<ZING>

and what about George Lucas giving fans of episode 4 and 5 that ^storm trooper treatment^ with the Jar Jar infused 1, 2 and 3?

- 1 jillion to SW

Last edited by a moderator:
<ZING>
and what about George Lucas giving fans of episode 4 and 5 that ^storm trooper treatment^ with the Jar Jar infused 1, 2 and 3?

- 1 jillion to SW
How about that treatment of three films infused with a sappier-than-normal Elijah Wood?

-1 jillion to LOTR

the decisions of the casting director are insignificant in comparison to the defective screenplay that left SW fans wanting less.

the decisions of the casting director are insignificant in comparison to the defective screenplay that left SW fans wanting less.
-Episode III: First movie EVER to rake in more than $50 million on its opening day

-Biggest simultaneous global release ever (104 countries)

-Weekend earnings over $100 mil: more than DOUBLE that of the final part of the LOTR triology.

I guess LOTR fans just wanted a LOT less?

LOTR fans got 1 movie a year for three years. SW fans had to wait 20 some years for a prequel, then 2 to 3 yrs for II and III.

Instant gratification +3 LOTR

SW 1-3 was quality? Me thinks you are wong.
-300 SW
LOTR had novels to go by, an book of concept art that came out years and years before the movie, and still managed to stink it up.

-300 LOTR

see, the problem is that Team A (for Ass?) focuses on thier unnatural attraction to frodo, while Team 1 (aptly named) stresses the quality of the LOTR series by comparison the weak effort on the fading SW series.

+ a whole bunch, thank you.

LOTR was written by a luddite, tree-huggin hermit who thought humanity would be better off with no technology and some sort of feudal communistic society

Star Wars was written by a red-blooded American capitalist of the highest order, and a giant fan of engineering and technology, to boot.

Game over. Star Wars wins on EB, hands down.

whoa, I thought you were in time out today?

and :plusone: for TOP

see, the problem is that Team A (for Ass?) focuses on thier unnatural attraction to frodo, while Team 1 (aptly named) stresses the quality of the LOTR series by comparison the weak effort on the fading SW series.
SW gave the saga room to be developed and appease its loyal fans 20 some odd years later. LOTR took three years to load its fruits up on a boat and send them into oblivion with no opportunity for future revival.

+ a whole bunch to SW.

And Dleg just sealed the deal.

Also: Arwen ignores the laws of stormwater modeling in the river scene. -50 LOTR.

No, but I hear that a certain Orlando stormwater modeler was instrumental in the development of sets for LOTR. And when he was done, he mistakenly began to believe he was the giant evil eye thingy (can't remember the name now - too :f_115m_e45d7af: ) and started pushing people around on engineering forums.

minus 100,000 for LOTR.

And no , I am not in "time out" unless I missed the proclamation where cement was given powers to put a member of the other team on time out.

Fading SW series?

# of LOTR novels including those not made into films <10

# of SW novels several hundred and counting

Not a lot of fading going on there.

a story that is well told can end gracefully. while a disaster may spawn uncounted fan fictions.

I was.
So pipe down.

OK, Dleg is banned until 5 PM EST for his blatant display of homophobic tendencies.
16 hours of manditory sensitivity training will follow.

See you Thursday Island Boy!
Well even if you were (I checked and you're full of shit), it's past 5 EST anyway so GAME ON!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back