Survivor

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one in LOTR rings ever had trouble getting their sword up. "The Force" sometimes has trouble getting that "saber" up when nervous or scared or drunk...

hmmmmmmm.........
let me see. Would I rather have a boring ass gold ring, or a cool ass Light Saber that all the ladies see as a flashy phallic symbol?

WINNER Star Wars.
I would even rather have the [SIZE=12pt]LIGHT SABER!!![/SIZE]

PLEASE NOTE THE CHALLENGE

The challenge was technically to compare SW Ep I-III to Lord of the Rings.

LORD OF THE RINGS, not Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, or its equivalents.

No no. You get to argue on behalf of the 1978 animated fantasy feature, The Lord of the Rings, featuring this STUNNING CGI work.

Bakshi_Orcs.jpg

Top 10 Reasons that SW is better than LOTR:
10. The relevent backstory can be told in a 30-second scroll, not a 900-page novel.

9. Obi-wan's hair still looks soft and managable even after fighting on every planet this side of the Kessel Run. Aragorn's? Ha!

8. Obi-wan would have sensed the destruction of Moria. " . . . as if a thousand dwarves cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."

7. Hrmph. I did not see a SINGLE half-naked elf dancer ANYWHERE in Rivendell...

6. The Star Wars cast list is more diverse. LOTR is whiter than Tren Lott's Christmas party.

5. Officer: Lord Vader we have reached an unknown planet in the uncharted regions of space. It is supposedly refered to as Middle Earth. Vader:Sounds boring. Blow it up.

4. Thrill as an old man tries to figure out how to open an old door!

3. In LOTR, short guys with pointy ears run away like pansies at the sight of danger. In Star Wars, short guys with pointy ears KICK ASS!!!!

2. The force is the ultimate power, while the ring does little more than compliment a fancy outfit.

And the #1 reason that Star Wars is better than Lord of the Rings...

Three words: Slave Girl Outfit

Not that I am playing or anything.... but you at least have to come up with your own stuff....

http://www.theforce.net/humor/topten/ct10_...terthanlotr.asp

If you know the series, Anakin is good at the beginning and at the end. He just decides TO RULE THE UNIVERSE in between.

1 Point SW

If you know the series, Anakin is good at the beginning and at the end. He just decides TO RULE THE UNIVERSE in between.
1 Point SW
yea, but he is evil at the end of episode 3, which is as far as you get to go in this discussion.

point LOTR

^^ You mean WHEN he is RULING THE FREAKIN' UNIVERSE?

We'll take our point back now.

TOP - another point. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Point SW - LOTR has repeated instances of men openly weeping.

Point SW - SW technology and structures required advanced engineering practices. LOTR has hobbits that dig out dirt homes in hillsides.

^^ You mean WHEN he is RULING THE FREAKIN' UNIVERSE?
We'll take our point back now.

TOP - another point. :D
You mean when he was a whinny little bitch crying about killing his wife? We'll take that point back now thank you

Point SW - A car can be seen driving in the background in one of the LOTR scenes. Point lost by LOTR for operating on such a huge budget and still screwing up the editing.

You mean when he was a whinny little bitch crying about killing his wife? We'll take that point back now thank you
You said it. He got married. We'll take our point back now, because marriage for Frodo was denied with Prop 8.

Point taken back and awarded to Star Wars for taking Cheney off planet earth and putting him in outer space.

You said it. He got married. We'll take our point back now, because marriage for Frodo was denied with Prop 8.
Frodo lived in middle earth, best I can tell that isn't in California and thus not under the jurisdiction of prop. 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back