Sometimes you just need to scream!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's his first rodeo. You need to tell him "you get that on these bigger projects guy" that should ease the tension.

I have a meeting that starts in 45 minutes. I will probably be here for another 2 hours...

^That's nothing to complain about. I'm gonna be here all night. Oh wait......I live here........never mind.

They are testing our fire alarm system... this is a borderline giggle, borderline rant because the fire alarms are going off every 3 minutes or so... but they sound like a dying duck. And the air is shutting off every the alarm goes of, so it sounds like the building is a plane about ready to take off as it starts back up again. It is very difficult to concentrate, but the whole thing just has me cracking up laughing.

Edit- this has been going on for about 40 min now :)

Last edited by a moderator:
They are testing our fire alarm system... this is a borderline giggle, borderline rant because the fire alarms are going off every 3 minutes or so... but they sound like a dying duck. And the air is shutting off every the alarm goes of, so it sounds like the building is a plane about ready to take off as it starts back up again. It is very difficult to concentrate, but the whole thing just has me quacking up laughing.

Edit- this has been going on for about 40 min now :)
Fixed.

... and about that time the lights dimmed, dance / techno music started playing, he sat you down in the chair, tore off his shirt, rubbed oil on his body, and did pelvic thrusts in your general direction, right?

Would you sell a vehicle on Craigslist to a guy who sends these emails:

"Just viewed your listing and will like to purchase it .please what is the condition and more detail of it."

To which I replied with the details of the vehicle.

Email #2

"Thanks for your mail,I will not be coming to view it because of my Job,i am an oceanist and i am buying this for my Dad. i accept your offer and i will be happy to accept my offer.I can only pay through paypal at the moment as i dont have access to my bank account online,but i have it attached to my paypal account, and this is why i insisted on using paypal to pay,all i will need is your paypal email address and your full name..so that i can proceed with the payments asap... Nice doing business with you....."

To which I asked about how he was planning on handling things like signing the paperwork (title transfer, bill of sale) or picking it up.

Email #3

"That's not a problem....Once i make the payment, the pick up time can be scheduled and the pick up agent will handle the shipping and all the documentation......So kindly get back to me with your paypal name and email address so that i can make the payment as soon as possible...Thanks"

I just said I'm not doing online transfers and if he wants it he can give his "pickup agent" the money and the agent can pay cash.

Final email:

"I am so sorry,I can only pay you via paypal as only online secure payment.Kindly sign up with them here www.paypal.com and get back to me with your paypal email address used and full name with total cost, so i can transfer the fund to it. Thanks"

This exchange has just been so wierd. For someone who is "interested" in the Bronco, the only thing he really seemed interested in was my paypal account number. The part that made me really question his seriousness on it was the fact that nowhere did he ever reference anything specific about the ad.

Do people really fall for these scams?

Back