Sometimes you just need to scream!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gladly pay my accountant every year to do my taxes.
Same here. I've been going to my accountant for 5 years now (went last friday), and wouldn't change anything. For me, the piece of mind I get from advice and service in around an hour/year are worth the extra dough. Which usually runs around 175-200$. I was instructed to start a business this year, and If I do, will probably be in some other payment scale next year.

$5 gas is predicted. That's gonna hurt in so many ways!
<click> that sound you hear is the ratchet tightening one more notch. They will threaten 5 dollar gas and it might hit there for a short while, then it will drop and level at $4.00/gal, the general public will then breathe a collective sigh of relief that another disaster has been avoided and go back to business as usual, without widespread outrage, even though the net change is >$0.50/gal more. Big oil will again sucessfully raise there prices in a down economy and look like the "good" guys because the price is not $5.00/gal.

That's the way I see the hsitory of gas prices.

If they predicted $2 gas, that'd probably happen too. I wish the effin' media would stop hunting for a crises because they end up causing/exacerbating every one of them just so they have something to report. When there are no natural disasters, they turn their attention to affecting the outcome of elections and causing economic crises.

I have been trying to work through lunch lately, which is not going well. We don't have voicemail where we work so the admin staff always is there during lunch...(they rotate so someone is always there to answer phones) There a bunch of ladies who will be drawing social security soon, and so far every day I have tried this one will come in and bitch about something one of the other old ladies has done or said to them....

There is no escape.... So I think I will try and work in a conference room........

Total fucking annoying, it's like Christmas at aunt Edna's, I told you that would burn if you cooked it like that....

<click> that sound you hear is the ratchet tightening one more notch. They will threaten 5 dollar gas and it might hit there for a short while, then it will drop and level at $4.00/gal, the general public will then breathe a collective sigh of relief that another disaster has been avoided and go back to business as usual, without widespread outrage, even though the net change is >$0.50/gal more. Big oil will again sucessfully raise there prices in a down economy and look like the "good" guys because the price is not $5.00/gal.

This isn't a political statement, but "big oil" doesn't set the price of oil. It is determined by traders in the commodities market who are making educated decisions as to what the price of oil will be in the coming months. Right now there is a great deal of concern that Iran is going to reduce output (which they already have to some extent) in protest over economic sanctions due to their pursuit of nuclear weapons. There is also great concern that Iran will try to close the straight of Hormuz, and I don't understand how they can due to the US Naval presence in the region, in which case oil output from the Persian Gulf will be greatly reduced. This is no different than when the price went up after Hurricane Katrina.

It sucks, but this is what happens in economics. As supply (either perceived or actual) goes down, and quantity demanded stays the same, price goes up.

Phones aren't ringing much this week. First time in over a year. Last March was a bit slow to start, but after being under-water and wishing for a slowdown / break, not I'm starting to wonder if I'll have more down-time than wanted. - YIKES!

"big oil" doesn't set the price of oil.
If you truly believe this, I have some land in FLA you might be interested in.

"big oil" doesn't set the price of oil.
If you truly believe this, I have some land in FLA you might be interested in.
I truly believe this. Where is this land in FLA you speak of?

My stupid neighborhood association wants $25 to review whether or not I can cut down a tree, of which the trunk is < 3ft from the soffit of my front porch. Freaking morons. I'm cutting the damn tree down regardless of what those a-holes say. Should I just cut it down in the middle of the night? I bet it's less than 12" dbh.

My stupid neighborhood association wants $25 to review whether or not I can cut down a tree, of which the trunk is < 3ft from the soffit of my front porch. Freaking morons. I'm cutting the damn tree down regardless of what those a-holes say. Should I just cut it down in the middle of the night? I bet it's less than 12" dbh.
Be careful. They usually fine for unauthorized tree removal., If you have a neighbor who has a bone to pick w/ you than this could be the ammo they've been looking for

its always easier to get forgiveness than permission.. but depending on how active (anal retentive and filled with bored soccer moms with nothing else to do) your HOA is it could easily cost much more than the $25..

I have heard of people drilling large holes in the tree at angles (1" or more) and pouring concentrated round up in them, it will kill the tree in about a month if you pour some in each day..

then they will probably fine you for having a dead tree you didnt remove..

Copper nails or screws into the tree should do the trick too....at least says my dad who killed the neighbors tree because it was growing into the fence and dropped all the leaves, etcc into their yard.

Back