Sometimes you just need to scream!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just because the copier is in our little section, does not make us responsible for it. The scanner part is broken today, we haven't taken care of it and so far 14 people have come up and tried to use it and walked away.

Soooo... now there is a sign on it (he he he, we are evil)...

"So if it doesn't work....

... Did YOU call in a work order?"

Perhaps now people will stop asking the four of us that sit here, if we called in a work order :)

^ i know the feeling....I sit right across from the copy room. I'm not a secretary nor responsible for the thing, the PE after my name on the cube wall doesn't stand for photocopier expert.

Please remember the KISS principle. That's all I ask...If it can be explained using simple, basic math...why does it need to be a PhD dissertation?

HFC plastic cuts hurts WAY more than paper cuts...its been almost 4 days and this gash is still painful and stinging
one word: mylar
Blueprints.

<---the One-upper

Just because the copier is in our little section, does not make us responsible for it. The scanner part is broken today, we haven't taken care of it and so far 14 people have come up and tried to use it and walked away.

Soooo... now there is a sign on it (he he he, we are evil)...

"So if it doesn't work....

... Did YOU call in a work order?"

Perhaps now people will stop asking the four of us that sit here, if we called in a work order :)
Did you call in a work oredr yet?

^ i know the feeling....I sit right across from the copy room. I'm not a secretary nor responsible for the thing, the PE after my name on the cube wall doesn't stand for photocopier expert.
People Exterminator?

New development in the HOA/on-street parking situation. The city has an abandoned vehicle ordinance that says any vehicle left unattended on a public street for more than 72 hours can be towed. The police only enforce this rule if there is a complaint, but I fear that even if we get the HOA rules ammended that we can still end up with a grumpy neighbor willing to make said complaints...

New development in the HOA/on-street parking situation. The city has an abandoned vehicle ordinance that says any vehicle left unattended on a public street for more than 72 hours can be towed. The police only enforce this rule if there is a complaint, but I fear that even if we get the HOA rules ammended that we can still end up with a grumpy neighbor willing to make said complaints...
72 hours is a long time, and in most cases even if you move it just a few inches that will be notated and they will know it's not abandoned (either by marking the tires or the pavement)... let the complaints fly because if they tow it, and you complain and can prove that you have moved it even just a little, then they can't prove it's been there the 72 hours... besides, the first step would be to post a notice on it... which will have a number you can call...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just pull it up into the yard, It's what my dad does when he comes over for a toddy (against my wishes).

My MIL needs to throw her computer in the garbage and pick up a pad and pen. She got duped by a pop-up about a "Windows 2007 Anti-Virus" program she needed to download and that her computer was "full of virus programs".

Guess who tech support is... :hang:

Three days of dryers resulted in no moisture change. The culprit? Builders used a single layer of OSB for the shower pan and tub, then doubled up on the OSB everywhere else to try to raise the floor up some. End result was us thinking there was only one layer of OSB, when in reality, the moisture was trapped between the two. Oh, and no construction adhesive between the two layers. It's no wonder that shit always squeaked!

My MIL needs to throw her computer in the garbage and pick up a pad and pen. She got duped by a pop-up about a "Windows 2007 Anti-Virus" program she needed to download and that her computer was "full of virus programs".

Guess who tech support is... :hang:
Join the club...

sounds like you are getting a new bathroom
Nope. They're saying that there is no indicator that the moisture traveled backwards beneath the shower pan, only in front of it. I'm hoping to convince the claims adjuster otherwise, but won't hold my breath. I'll get a new floor and ceiling out of the deal, but I think that's where it will stop, and I'll be forced to have a new shower door put in to prevent the mold/leak from coming back (which I've wanted to do anyways, the old door is shit.)

It requires a hell of a lot of water to float a giraffe (never thought I would have that thought). No wonder your house is so damaged.

My mom almost fell for it a few months ago, but she called me at work and asked me about it. Had I not picked up that phone this would probably be my second go 'round with the virus fix.

Back