RIP VTE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he wrote the Urban dictionary or was at least an editor. To think I'd have gone through life without knowing what a Cleveland steamer is.

This is just a real shame. He was one of the "constants" on this board. I guess this is an excellent example of why you should try to find happiness in whatever circumstances you find yourself - you just never know how long you'll be here........

Is there an obituary online somewhere?

I haven't been around for too long but what interactions I had with him were enjoyable. He could take a joke and give one right back as others mentioned, sad news for sure.

This is just a real shame. He was one of the "constants" on this board. I guess this is an excellent example of why you should try to find happiness in whatever circumstances you find yourself - you just never know how long you'll be here........

Is there an obituary online somewhere?
we haven't been able to find one.

I just spent some time on VT's profile and let me just say: "Wow, what an awesome guy!"

I suggest that all of the "newbies" like me do the same and at least go through every "like" post to get a feel for what an interesting, funny, and astonishing human being he displayed to this board over the years.

This is truly sad news. VT, his family, and friends will be in my prayers.

I just spent some time on VT's profile and let me just say: "Wow, what an awesome guy!"

I suggest that all of the "newbies" like me do the same and at least go through every "like" post to get a feel for what an interesting, funny, and astonishing human being he displayed to this board over the years.

I have been/am. I started with reliving my limited interactions with him but plan to now move on to his vast collection of posts. I may need until the weekend to complete.

I feel really bad for his mom. Can't imagine what she is going thru after losing her husband and now son. This morning when I woke up it set in that he really is gone. I never got the chance to meet him and did not interact with him as much as others had but I still thought he was a cool, quirky guy. He reached out to me and made me feel a part of this board. I was looking back on a PM he had sent me regarding the EB Adventure Club we had discussed putting together. Too bad we never got to arrange one of those outings.

Thought 1 - I realized is that I never even got to know the guy outside of his wit, swift use of the ban hammer (receiver of said ban hammer once), and his everlasting love of his dog(s). Come to think of it, I haven't really gotten to know anyone on this board. There have been opportunities to meet with Supe, Fox, and Freon but logistically things just didn't work out. Maybe one day I can shake the hands of the screen names here.

Thought 2 - "GFY" just won't be the same anymore.

lady at work brought her black lab in today.. wish she could have waited a week to do that..

Came across this old gem while reading back over his posts.

Enforcer.jpg

Thought 1 - I realized is that I never even got to know the guy outside of his wit, swift use of the ban hammer (receiver of said ban hammer once), and his everlasting love of his dog(s). Come to think of it, I haven't really gotten to know anyone on this board. There have been opportunities to meet with Supe, Fox, and Freon but logistically things just didn't work out. Maybe one day I can shake the hands of the screen names here.

Thought 3 - neither will SCRAPBOOKING

Thought 3 - neither will SCRAPBOOKING

Thought 4 -or shoe shopping

Last edited by a moderator:

I need to do this, I have read some of his posts... RIP VT

Back