RIP VTE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, that's the thing about VTE, he was the kind of guy that everybody got along with. He was witty and clever and snarky and engaging. He's a fixture of this board, and his death cuts us to the bone, us original founding members as well as you new guys. Everybody feels the void, that's the kind of guy he was.

Does anyone have the correct spelling for his first name? I want to make sure it's two T's, and not one, or some funky spelling.

Its just such an absolute shame. The personal issues he went through, the health issues, and then to end like this, and at such a young age. ****, the dude was younger than I am. It's just not right.

I'm very saddened,

sick actually.

Can't believe it, he was a great guy.

YMZ's post actually made me smile though, as I gave VTE the A.C. Slater'ing story to use once.

He was asking for some ideas for a FUDGEY story, and I sent him that jewel. :D

He was a talented writer, that's for sure.

I really want to say something that would honor the memory of VTE, but I'm at just such a loss for words. I'm truly devastated. He was a great guy. Those of us who have been here for a long time have really gotten to know each other over the years. We've had meet ups, shared phone calls and texts, emailed each other, been supported during deployments and supported others through rought life circumstances. VTEnviro has been one of those constant guys on this board who was always willing to offer a remark, sometimes purely for humor, and sometimes sarcastic, but always sincere and always with respect.

He was known as the banhammer in the early days and weilded a mighty smiting finger with which he would ban spammy little f***ers (his words) before most of us even woke up in the morning. He was also epicly famous for his multiple aliases. He's created characters that have become their own members of the board in their own right, and some of them lasted for years before being discovered by other members. I'm still not sure if we're allowed to reveal his most famous one, but he's just such an ingrained part of this board, I am absolutely stunned at this news and I don't know how this board will ever be the same... it simply won't, it will never be the same. I dare say it will never be quite as good as it was, with such a force of the history of this site now forever gone.

Well said, Sap.

I just drafted my letter for the collective send-off while I had some clarity of thought. It had to be both the easiest and most difficult few sentences I've ever written.

I was sitting here laughing to myself thinking about some of his stories, and became teary-eyed at times - not just for the tragedy of losing him so soon, but at the parallels I drew between parts of our lives, and at the fact that his passing (and this thread) serves as a reminder of just how closely knit this group is. Maybe more important, it's a reminder of how much I appreciate having EB here for me during the work day to offer some precious moments of solitude and relief in a career that's trying its damndest to break me both in the work place, and at home.

I enjoyed reading all the tributary comments from everyone. Very well said on all fronts. And someone MUST be cutting onions in here.

We'll drink a habanero Bloody Mary in his honor at the next meet up.
True that!

We had mass this evening for Ash Wednesday. We were given the opportunity to offer up our own intentions. I stood up and addressed the congregation asking for prayers for VT's mom and also prayers that he now be in peace. Dang these onions!!!

God rest ye,

ban-hammer.jpg

I had a few chances to meet VT, but it just never quite worked out. The thing I'll miss most (beyond his prolific posting and wry sense of humor) is his nothing-less-than-brilliant contribution to the English language:

- AC Slatering

- Scotch Ramen

- Clown Punching Donkey Tickler

The list could go on and on. Dude had me in tears with laughter. He was his own urban dictionary.

Will miss you VT.

RIP.

I had a few chances to meet VT, but it just never quite worked out. The thing I'll miss most (beyond his prolific posting and wry sense of humor) is his nothing-less-than-brilliant contribution to the English language:

- AC Slatering

- Scotch Ramen

- Clown Punching Donkey Tickler

The list could go on and on. Dude had me in tears with laughter. He was his own urban dictionary.

Will miss you VT.

RIP.

Yeah, I thought I was well versed in the perverse, but thanks to VT became aware of the existence of:

Hot Karl/Cleveland Steamers

Clown punching

Dutch ovens

Back