RIP VTE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is so sad!! VT has been active on this site since the beginning. He participated in local and national engineering groups. He came to my house to watch the Patriots lose the superbowl in 2008, and was just an all-around decent guy. He will definitely be missed.

So sad. You will be missed Mat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I met him a couple of times when he was here in MA. Really good guy. He will definitely be missed. God Speed VTE.

This is very sad news. VT Enviro was the founding member of this board in terms of the environmental engineering community, and such a huge contributor to this forum. And his aliases will also be sadly missed.

Dleg

This is such sad news. VTE was a big part of what made this online community feel like a second family.

He really cared about this board and always had an opinion. Sometimes a bit off color, nonetheless his humor would make me smile as I skimmed the latest posting on a busy day.

I know he had some health and personal issues to work through, but I had high hopes that a fresh start in ND would be just the tonic he needed.

Rest In Peace my friend. You will be missed.

I didn't get a chance to ever meet him, but he was kinda like a little brother - good for a ribbing & could dish it out w the best of 'em. Gonna miss you big-time VT :sniff:

+2

I was speechless when I saw this on Facebook, and had to do a doubletake at Dex's post. I'll miss our banter about New England vs. New York teams, the fecal humor, and all of his other contributions. He will be very sorely missed, I just wish I had the opportunity to meet him as some of the others on this board have.

We'll drink a habanero Bloody Mary in his honor at the next meet up. Wish I would've gotten the chance to meet him. His posts on the board always made me laugh and he reached out to me when I first joined and really made me feel welcome.

This place won't be the same. I have never been so saddened from the loss of someone I never met in person before. This place never would have gotten off the ground without help from the "old guys" back then.

Guys, I haven't been on here for a long time so some of you wont remember me. Road Guy sent me an e-mail about VTE. I'm shocked! As a founding member he help many of us pass the PE. He will be sorely missed! I will be praying for his family and friends!

RIP Matt!

Joey

The response to the sad news today reaffirms that ENGINEERBOARDS.COM is not just an internet forum. It is a community of people who have a profession in common, but we also have bonded (as well as engineers are able) and become friends. I think that we were good friends to VTE and I know that he was a good friend to many of us.

So over the course of the night I was thinking about VTE. Like I said earlier, due to my recent arrival on EB.com, I only had a few chances to interact with him. Back in January we PM'ed for about an hour during the early hours of the night, just talking football. We were discussing how we felt about a cold weather superbowl. One of the last things he said was that he thought the game should be played in central North Dakota.

So then I went back through some of the few threads which we interacted. He never missed an opportunity to tell his joke about NJ. "Why are New Yorkers always so grumpy? The light at the end of the tunnel is New Jersey."

I may not have known him any where as we as the others, but I did enjoy my little interactions. I feel like I missed out on really getting to know him because I joined so late. I wish would have gotten to know him better.

Back