Review Course Pass/Fail

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
School of PE

Civil: Water Resources and Environmental

PASS!

I found the School of PE class notes and problems to be very helpful with the breadth exam but a little less helpful for the depth exam.  Overall I would recommend School of PE.  The review was thorough and available on demand.

School of PE (on demand)

Electrical - Power

Passed

As others have said, in my opinion, the instructor was not that great as he basically only read off of the slides.  If you asked any questions outside of his comfort zone, he provided some circular reasoning so he could skip to the next slide. He did not understand when multiple people had pointed out an error in the notes to him. All in all, though, I do recommend the class as the information provided in the handouts are very helpful.

Forgot to mention first time test taker.  I took the FE in April so that helped refresh some of the basics as well.

First time taker PASSED mechanical systems and materials October 2016.

No courses taken. The best way to prepare is have a good discipline to study on a regular basis for at least 3 months and do a lot of practice problems similar to the exam. There are plenty of books from PPI to achieve this goal.

Civil Geotech - passed first try. 

School of PE

The best thing about school of PE is the resources you get (notes and practice problems). I put them in binders for the exam and used them on probably 85% of the questions. I liked going to the classes only because it forced me to study on beautiful summer/fall days (not an easy task!) and it gave me the opportunity to clear up some things from the notes or questions on practice problems.  Aside from that the instructors kind of just read off the slides.  

PPI (Mechanical engineering Reference Manual & Practice Problems), Plus the NCEES Reference book and I studied at home for four months. I passed from the first try (Mechanical HVAC and REFRIGERATION), really the PPI Books are AMAZING!!!!!

School of PE

The best thing about school of PE is the resources you get (notes and practice problems). I put them in binders for the exam and used them on probably 85% of the questions. I liked going to the classes only because it forced me to study on beautiful summer/fall days (not an easy task!) and it gave me the opportunity to clear up some things from the notes or questions on practice problems.  Aside from that the instructors kind of just read off the slides.  
I took SoPE and had to take the test more than once. First time taking PE exam and during morning part I was happy I took SoPE since notes helped me a lot and covered good 80% of questions. I have  3 questions right out of SoPE notes, 100% the same questions! and few with slightly different numbers. To my surprise notes barely covered anything on the next PE exam I took. So it's either hit or miss. Notes from SoPE for the afternoon portion covered about 10% of questions each time I took the test and were pretty much useless (that's why I used EET).

I took EET,  I passed in DC!!! 2nd time

While I was not confident in passing the test because I thought there was too much focus on the afternoon. I became extremely confident and nervous the last month after he (Nazrul) explained the method to his madness, and it totally appreciate him for it... 

Power - Passed 1st attempt, 10 years out of college.

No review course taken.

1.) Researched and compiled extensive notes for every topic on NCEES exam specification

2.) Took and timed practice test from NCEES

3.) Added notes to compilation for every piece/part of practice exam that I misunderstood or solved incorrectly

4.) Repeated steps 2 and 3 for four more practice exams

5.) Re-took each practice exam

I felt like I was about 75% correct the morning session of the exam and 90%+ correct on the afternoon session.
Dude, DITTO.  It's uncanny how similar my story is (even down to the 10 years out of college), except I took the PPI2Pass course.  I would NOT have passed without it.

I took Civil - Construction and passed on my first attempt this October.  I did the EET review courses for both the morning and afternoon sessions.  I  can't say enough good things about this course.

I did do my studying a little different than most.  I actually started my studying with the morning EET class and CERM almost a year before the exam. Then with about 3 months to go to the exam I took the class for the depth portion.

I spread my studying out over a long period of time because I know I'm not the kind of person to sit down every night and every weekend for hours on end for 3 straight months, I just get distracted too easily.  I found spreading it out for shorter studying sessions maybe 4 days a week worked great me.

Also EET let me have access to the breadth content for a year, but the trade off was that if I failed I did not get the automatic retake of the course.  Rolling the dice was worth it I guess!

CapNJ- can you speak to weather or not you had to actually attend the classes to benefit from them? Were you able to do on demand and classes?

School of PE

CapNJ- can you speak to weather or not you had to actually attend the classes to benefit from them? Were you able to do on demand and classes?
Dear GeotechCT,

I hope all is well.  You can choose to do on demand (online) classes, in person, or both (it's extra for both).  I did the in person classes, and attended most of them.  Unfortunately, I had to miss a couple, but a colleague of mine allowed me to access his on demand classes (you are allowed multiple views).  I found the in person classes to be superior to the on demand.  I hope that helps.

Sincerely,

CapNJ

Dr. Tom's fast track course. 10 weeks long. Mechanical systems and materials. 

1st time taking it. Passed. 

I would recommend the course. He's a good teacher, and knows what's worth focusing on pretty darn well. 

EET - WRE (took depth review only)

Pass in CA on the first attempt.  Can't recommend this course enough.

EET (breadth & depth)

Civil - Transportation

Passed 1st try. Really great course, and they provide you with just about everything you need.

18 years out of school...

School of PE On-Demand and classroom sessions....started early in June..

Took Civil with Transportation and Passed in Ist attempt...

I would admit that exam was very difficult and I felt 50-50 chance walking out of exam.

Back