Review Course Pass/Fail

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ChoppedBroccoli Totally agree. Most of the interruptions were unnecessary, even rude, to fellow classmates. I think he was as tactful as he could be given the circumstances (8 hrs to cover a semester long course, 80+ students). Some questions even made me wonder if people had a degree in Civil....
I am with you guys, some questions made me feel people who were asking it will not be passing the exam... I actually didn't felt any impatience at all 

Dr Tom's Classroom, 20-week course

Mechanical Thermal and Fluid Systems (TFS)

First time, passed

I also found the advice here helpful - not step-by-step, but the main takeaways of doing several practice exams and strategizing for exam day:

PPI

Mechanical - Mechanical Systems & Materials

Failed

20 years out of school, I thought a class such as PPI would prepare me well for the exam. Put in easily 30 hrs. a week, completed all hw assignments and did the NCEES exam 2 weeks ahead of the test. Still trying to figure out what I need to change for next time but I already have some good leads thanks to another thread that I posted on this blog. Already enrolled for the April '17 exam.

I couldn't disagree with you more. This isn't 15 year olds in high school. I found the interruptions to his lectures totally unacceptable, inconsiderate and selfish... and 9/10 times, it was a unbelievably stupid question that he had either already addressed, he was going to address in the next couple of slides, or that you could easily figure out if you thought about it for a second. If he hadn't been firm about his "save your questions for the end" policy, an eight hour lecture would have been 12 hours long. Also, the lectures are recorded, so if someone misses something or doesn't get it, go back and watch it later... People would actually stop the class to say they didn't understand! Are you kidding me?! We need to wait to move on to the next slide until all 80 people understand?! I only wish he had been more stern about it.  
+1

I took the ASCE 14-Part P.E. Civil Exam Review — The Essentials with Transportation Depth I and II for $1,595 + ASCE Membership fee to get the Member "Discount".  I found the breadth topics reviewed by JP Mohsen helpful.  I found the Geotechnical weak, and the Transportation Depth was terrible.  I thought this would be my strength, instead I did poorly on the PM portion of the exam.

I failed (my first attempt at PE was this sitting, Oct 2016).  I intend to take EET Transportation Depth this upcoming April 2017 Exam.  I've read good things and by using all my material from the breadth section obtain through the ASCE review, I am hopeful to pass the 2nd time.

I am kind of an odd duck in the non-linear path I've taken towards my trek towards licensure.  I graduated with MSCE in 2000, worked for PE's doing professional level work for 12 of the past 15 years, and only recently passed the FE (used Testmasters to review).  I then immediately took PE Oct 2016 and got a score of 45/80 for the Transportation depth exam.  As I stated earlier, very confident going in, honestly pretty upset after I walked out of exam...false sense of confidence despite 100's of study hours and the ASCE review course.  Exam much harder than I anticipated.

Anyways, good luck to all that didn't pass, congrats to those that did, and fingers crossed I pass after April 2016.  Not sure what's worse, having to sit through the exam day again, or telling people that I failed??  :)

I agree, I am 23 yrs out of school and without EET, i would not make it......highly recommended!!!! 
I agree EET Civil Transportation pass.

I could'nt have done it without the EET course for the A.M & P.M. They go out of their way to help. They are there for you if you call or text or email. I passed my seismic exam when I took the class with them. I'm glad that I got my P.E license. I wish you the best.

School of PE - on demand 

EET - WRE Depth on demand

Studied 350+ hours 

SOPE was great for the morning section but, pretty weak with their depth review especially compared with EET  

Passed first try

Back