Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this bottle is for the house, this one for work/school, this one is for ONLY plain water.  Another is for lemon flavored water only...they add up
plus there's the one that fits perfectly in the holder on my bike, the one I use for hiking, the one that became the dogs...

she takes the 48 oz Nalgene to work and those GD things take up a ton of space!

I am also thinking about organizing her 'undergarment" section in terms of my order of preference one weekend too, defin some things that need to go to either the circular file and some that need to be brought to the top of the stack! - or is that a risky venture?

I am also thinking about organizing her 'undergarment" section in terms of my order of preference one weekend too, defin some things that need to go to either the circular file and some that need to be brought to the top of the stack! - or is that a risky venture?
I think that's a surefire plan to lose a testicle. 

Because she should definitely choose her underwear based on YOUR preferences, not her own! Yeah, go for it buddy!

/not

giphy.gif

but there are a couple that need to go........

I rearranged the spice rack because there were three Cumins, four Red Peppers, two Garam Masalas, etc. and they were all over the place rather than next to each other.

Boy was that a mistake!

I rearranged the spice rack because there were three Cumins, four Red Peppers, two Garam Masalas, etc. and they were all over the place rather than next to each other.

Boy was that a mistake!
spices should be alphabetical and only one jar of each at a time... 

I don't organize spices alphabetically. Our spices are loosely organized by what they are (spicy, like chili powder, paprika, cayenne, paprika, etc.; baking spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, etc; and so on) and also loosely by cuisine (for instance, Italian spices & oregano & basil are all on a shelf together), and then spices I rarely use, which are on the top shelf.

Last edited by a moderator:
We definitely have a shotgun spice rack.  Half the time I end up buying the big tubs so I don't need to hunt for the little ones, and then the big tubs go missing.

Things seen on my 6:30 AM walk to work in the city:

• A woman smoking a cigarette and drinking from a liter bottle of diet dr. pepper while walking down the street.
  • A man eating spicy sweet chili doritos staring at watches in the window of a closed tourist gift shop.

JK spice organization 

Top shelf = baking spices, think cinnamon/nutmeg/almond paste/vanilla/etc.

Middle shelf = "normal spices" that I use a ton that aren't 'ethnic', garlic, onion, salt/pepper, oregano, thyme, Italian, everything bagel seasoning.

Bottom shelf = "fun spices" paprika, cumin, 5-spice, marsala, cayenne pepper, etc.

I keep a big container of coarse sea salt next to my oven, but that's because I use it for pasta/cleaning the cast iron and I don't think of it as 'seasoning'.

I got rid of the spice rack ages ago.  aside from the salt/pepper, all things baking related the spice tray in the lazy susan consists of garlic powder, minced onion, parsley, cumin, and oregano.  I stopped using the sharp pointy spices like "I'm an idiot who can't write TIME!"/basil/rosemary awhile ago...to big of a chance they would trigger mr snicks diverticulitis.  

Latest posts

Back