October 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so we don't know the first state timing? Why do i remember reading that results generally start at 10am EST?

That may be a CBT thing, so may not translate to the P/P.
200.gif

Historically the initial release has happened anytime during regular east-coast business hours.

We've only been recording it for a few years. Here's the breakdown:
Apr '18 9:00 AM
Oct '18 12:30 PM
Apr '19 12:00 n
Oct '19 10:00 AM
Oct '20 9:15 AM
Apr '21 11:45 AM

All times eastern, rounded to nearest 15 min.

We've only been recording it for a few years. Here's the breakdown:
Apr '18 9:00 AM
Oct '18 12:30 PM
Apr '19 12:00 n
Oct '19 10:00 AM
Oct '20 9:15 AM
Apr '21 11:45 AM

All times eastern, rounded to nearest 15 min.
Hmmm, I guess PA was 2 hours after initial release in April then when I got my email.

I mean, I'm not complaining. After their historical clusterfuck of giving out passes and then taking them back, 2 hours is heaven for Pennsylvania lol

@RBHeadge PE what year was that again?

Last edited:
Also, results came out on a Wednesday only 2 of the past 10 exams. Not great odds.
2/10 which is the same as 1/5. So the same odds as picking a random weekeday?

I'm doubling down on my estimate that it will be Monday, Dec. 6 at the latest.
Agree, Monday is at the end of the expected window.

Dude, you've got to remove Oct '19 and '20 from the day counts. They are explainable outliers and don't belong in the dataset.

so we don't know the first state timing? Why do i remember reading that results generally start at 10am EST?
9AM ET is the earliest recorded time. I think I remember it happening earlier than that though.

Dude, you've got to remove Oct '19 and '20 from the day counts. They are explainable outliers and don't belong in the dataset.
I'm just being conservative. Without those two, the averages all come out to 40 days. Which is....holy ****, it's today.

I can't imagine seeing the "Pass" in green on my dashboard, celebrating, then hours later getting a notification that it was retracted. That would be terrible.
This happened to me at a much lower stakes, high school mock trial competition and I almost didn't recover so I can't wrap my head around that.

^ omg this happened..... ?? i would die
https://engineerboards.com/threads/pa-results.24563/Yes. The short version is that they started issuing licenses to basically-everyone regardless of exam result. A few examinees who learned they failed could see themselves with an active license in the Commonwealth license lookup. It was corrected a few days later.

And that's why PA is on the forever naughty list!

To make matters worse, like 10% learned there results by either calling the board or getting an email from PCS within a few days of the general release. The full release wouldn't happen until like a moth later. The PCS contract was cancelled after that, and they haven't had an incident since. But they are still on permanent probation with me.

There was another incident, I can't recall when, but I think Nebraska(?) sent out 'you passed' emails and issued licenses to people. Then they authorized NCEES to release the results and some people saw they failed and were like wtf? The licenses were recalled.

how reliable has this “change” been in the past? Does it always happen?
Something always changes right before the results come out.

Which is....holy ****, it's today.

you-dont-say-sherlock.gif

Gee, I wonder what it what day people would arrive at if they looked a similar calendars; vis-a-vis days elapsed and day of week after Thanksgiving weekend?

The only caveat is that results never came out before Dec 4. So if that's a limiting factor then it would shift to Dec 6 with this calendar.

Back