October 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhhh ok I am misremembering slightly then. Well I took a screenshot of my dashboard on Oct 26, and it said the date taken was October 22, 2021 then. So yeah, WHO KNOWS what will happen then! We just might not have something that will tip us off that results are coming soon then.
The time that I remember the date started as <Month Year>, then it changed to <Mo day, year> right before they released probably during upload. Then it when back to <Month Year> after the release was finished.

Like @RBHeadge PE said, I don't think the date thing has been consistent.

Ope, just got the brochure for School of PE in the mail today. So now I know for certain I failed!!! 🥺

(Please realize this is intended as a joke. I don’t want any newbs going off the deep end and having a repeat of Oct’19. If you got one in the mail too, it does not mean you failed)
BUT for real, I received brochures in the mail the last two times I took the test not too awful long before results were released, and I failed both times 😆

California has released on day 1 or 2 since 2017. It'll either be in the afternoon (east coast time) or Day 1, or at the opening of business (west coast) on Day 2.

Prior to 2017 is a different story...
Exactly this. And prior to 2017 (before they decoupled the exam from applying for licensure, and thus also decoupled it from the state specific seismic and surveying exams for civil P.E. applicants), it was over a week later at least a couple times. It was absolute TORTURE.

All Californian P.E. test takers should be thankful for a day 1 or 2 typical release these days!

No you all have me stressed about this date info possibly changing and being an indicator. Another thing to log onto my NCEES account to look for. For the record mine currently says:
Date Taken: October 21, 2021

Anyone just want the results (pass or fail) so they can go back to being a productive human being? Every. Single. Time. that I manage to put the pending results out of my head, my coworker will pop over and ask about the exam and thus starting the cycle again!

Alright, RB doesn't usually say this until the day results come out!
hes-not-wrong-hes-right.gif

Plot twist: @RBHeadge PE secretly works for NCEES and knows exactly when results will be released but has the self control and the blood oath to never reveal the information.

Back