October 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Results won't come out until we break the spam record. NCEES said so. Everyone better come spam lots.

I am guessing it will be next Wednesday in typical NCEES fashion to release on Wednesdays. Unless we get some miracle that they release early this year.
Also, results came out on a Wednesday only 2 of the past 10 exams. Not great odds.

Doesn't mean it won't happen today, just means that if it doesn't happen today, it's just as likely to happen on any day between now and next Wednesday.

Though if it's not today, I'm doubling down on my estimate that it will be Monday, Dec. 6 at the latest.

1638367031376.png

Unless there is something that happens that catastrophically delays the results beyond that.

tl;dr 5 more days at most to wait.

I'm guessing around 10am CST is when results usually come out? I know that's when CBT results came out for me.
I'd love to see if anyone has tracked the time of release as well as the day, but I doubt anyone did that and I doubt anyone wants to go back through the threads to find the first (real) result announcement.

I got my email in June for the April 2021 exam at 1:45 p.m. (EST). That wasn't more than two hours after I saw the first person post here that Arizona released.

Also, results came out on a Wednesday only 2 of the past 10 exams. Not great odds.

Doesn't mean it won't happen today, just means that if it doesn't happen today, it's just as likely to happen on any day between now and next Wednesday.

Though if it's not today, I'm doubling down on my estimate that it will be Monday, Dec. 6 at the latest.

View attachment 26055

Unless there is something that happens that catastrophically delays the results beyond that.

Monday ??? I would doubt that:unsure:

View attachment 26055

The CBT exam results are always released on Wednesday. They started the process a few years ago so I guess you are right that the P&P exams don't have any rhyme or reason to when they are released.

I am unwell.
i hope this is true and we will see results today

I don't actually know if today is the day. The window is most definitely open though.

Plot twist: @RBHeadge PE secretly works for NCEES
Hard No. full stop
knows exactly when results will be released
not really, just a hunch
but has the self control
pfft lol
and the blood oath to never reveal the information.
something like that, yeah

It is Wednesday though!!!
It's funny, for a long while people on this site were convinced that NCEES never released on Wednesdays. There was this long streak where the results would come out on a M, T, Th, or F, but not W. Except for Oct '13 which everyone would ignore. ::eyeroll::

Wednesday seems to happening a lot the last few cycles though. Probably a reversion to the mean.

I can't 😭 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭How Am I supposed to be productive today ? 😭😭
You aren't. Not until a couple days after the results come out at least.

Last edited:
I don't actually know if today is the day. The window is most definitely open though.

Hard No. full stop

not really, just a hunch

pfft lol

something like that, yeah

It's funny, for a long while people on this site were convinced that NCEES released on Wednesdays. There was this long streak where the results would come out on a M, T, Th, or F, but not W. Except for Oct '13 which everyone would ignore. ::eyeroll::

Wednesday seems to happening a lot the last few cycles though. Probably a reversion to the mean.

You aren't. Not until a couple days after the results come out at least.
It's sooooo cool how to answer to different staments/questions ;)

Back