Nutrition, Diet, and Exercise: Notes, Goals, and Resources (these people just keep talking about crossfit)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this more in line with all the other measurements.

I might still have the SECA machine test done again in a few months for comparison.

It says it can also automatically detect between different users. You have to enter age and height for it to calculate everything, but can have multiple profiles.

@Chattaneer PE...I don't like the bone weight.  For some reason that kinda squicked me.
............................................................................. so you don't like seeing the weight of bone, yet...................................................................... you're ok with your stories in the mafia thread?

Also, is it bad I was super excited to get out of bed this morning just so I could weight myself???

Last edited by a moderator:
............................................................................. so you don't like seeing the weight of bone, yet...................................................................... you're ok with your stories in the mafia thread?

Also, is it bad I was super excited to get out of bed this morning just so I could weight myself???
Please note I have never included anyone's weight (bone or other mass) or scales in my stories.  I am a non-triggering writer and my stories are safe for all!

I...think I need to cut down on my sweets or something.  I mean, how quickly does weight 'form' from bad eating?  Idk.  I think I'm doing a shake for breakfasts from now on because my stomach has been killing me.

As a side note: I hate piston squats and almost fall over every time I do them.

Please note I have never included anyone's weight (bone or other mass) or scales in my stories.
You should include someones bone weight next time. "After the flesh had melted away, all 7.2lbs of their bones were gathered and then distributed to the townsfolk as a warning."

I...think I need to cut down on my sweets or something.  I mean, how quickly does weight 'form' from bad eating?  Idk.  I think I'm doing a shake for breakfasts from now on because my stomach has been killing me.
I'm no expert, but I'd cut out all sweets. Depends on where the extra calories are coming from, but it can happen very quickly. Since carbs are the body's "preferred" source of energy, any fat consumed at the same time as carbs can quickly be turned into adipose tissue. 

As a side note: I hate piston squats and almost fall over every time I do them.
I used to practice while holding onto door handles.

https://www.withings.com/us/en/body-plus/shop

This bad boy has a lot of features. It even has a daily weather forecast lol It's pretty cool that it automatically syncs your measurements with you phone.

I've been using the Libra app for some time now to track weight. It also tracks BF now that I'm regularly measuring that. It's very simple to use, and I like the interface.

You should include someones bone weight next time. "After the flesh had melted away, all 7.2lbs of their bones were gathered and then distributed to the townsfolk as a warning."

I'm no expert, but I'd cut out all sweets. Depends on where the extra calories are coming from, but it can happen very quickly. Since carbs are the body's "preferred" source of energy, any fat consumed at the same time as carbs can quickly be turned into adipose tissue. 

I used to practice while holding onto door handles.
*squirms* Idk.  The weight and then the symbol of the bone just gave me the image of a rotting corpse and a mountain lion, scarred and thin, licking roughly at a protruding femur.  The barbs of their tongue easily scraping away the tattered flesh that still clung to it.  Nearby, somehow, a scale still glows.  The number near a small bone symbol drops from 7.2 to a dull, flickering 6.6... *shudders*

Yeah.  I kinda went a little crazy on Aldi peanut butter cups/cookies (they're my favorite) this past week.  Got to limit all sweets to the weekends, excepting a few lifesavers during the week as an after lunch refresher.

Piston squats were completed by myself and with a partner.  It was hell and I do not want to practice them.

https://www.withings.com/us/en/body-plus/shop

This bad boy has a lot of features. It even has a daily weather forecast lol It's pretty cool that it automatically syncs your measurements with you phone.

I've been using the Libra app for some time now to track weight. It also tracks BF now that I'm regularly measuring that. It's very simple to use, and I like the interface.
I have this one https://www.amazon.com/Digital-GreaterGoods-Accurate-Composition-Measurements/dp/B07LBZLKTR/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=greater+goods+body+fat+scale&qid=1582124029&sr=8-5 they have their own weightgurus app where I record stuff. But that also syncs with my fitbit and I can view everything there in one place. Bought in Aug 2017. no issues so far. 

This is their wifi version

https://www.amazon.com/Greater-Goods-Conductive-Technology-Measurements/dp/B07Q5CLWZC/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=greater%2Bgoods%2Bbody%2Bfat%2Bscale&qid=1582124029&sr=8-7&th=1

Piston squats were completed by myself and with a partner.
You can always blame it on the partner

I'm still trying to figure out my nutrition/that portion of things.  I used to eat crazy portions, which I've not cut to something more 'reasonable'.  I do tend to eat semi-healthy at work since I like to pack veggies to eat as snacks.  I think I need to get more protein in my diet, though, because I end up eating like a huge bag of kale salad as lunch for like a week, and my body literally starts craving hamburgers all the time.  Might start supplementing scrambled eggs or something for dinner a couple nights a week.
It sounds like you'd be the perfect client for @RoadGal, RD.

It sounds like you'd be the perfect client for @RoadGal, RD.
Tbh, the nutrition thing is what's getting me.  I have been portioning better but, you know, I get them late-night cravings and end up nomming on dried mango or something else because I'm dying.

Def have to get back into my old fitness/eating routine.

Back