Nutrition, Diet, and Exercise: Notes, Goals, and Resources (these people just keep talking about crossfit)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I missed working out with my group (had a conflict) and went to the gym by myself. I misunderstood the workout and did WAY MORE than I was supposed to. OOPS.

This is the workout I was supposed to do:
View attachment 27954

This is the workout that I did!!!!
View attachment 27955

So instead of doing the 500m row two times. I did the 500m row 9 times!!!!
So many regrets. I was trying to figure out why this workout took me 30 minutes when I did it a couple years ago but took over 70 minutes today.
o_O
someday I'll be able to do pull ups.... some day. ....

I'm trying to do a 30-min total Peloton workout every other day (thank you, @tj_PE ). Kinda sucks, because I only have 5/10/15lb weights, but it's slow progress that I'm making myself do. Usually works out to a 10min core class + 20min other class (arms, glutes, barre, spin, etc.). I was trying to do more, but I didn't realize how...busy a schedule is when you're doing OT almost every week. At this point, I'm actually happy that I no longer pay for the big gym I was going to...I def would have been losing so much money by not being able to go during to week to their one group class per day at 5:30pm.

I'm trying to do a 30-min total Peloton workout every other day (thank you, @tj_PE ). Kinda sucks, because I only have 5/10/15lb weights, but it's slow progress that I'm making myself do. Usually works out to a 10min core class + 20min other class (arms, glutes, barre, spin, etc.). I was trying to do more, but I didn't realize how...busy a schedule is when you're doing OT almost every week. At this point, I'm actually happy that I no longer pay for the big gym I was going to...I def would have been losing so much money by not being able to go during to week to their one group class per day at 5:30pm.
Our current house is not setup for any kind of home gym, short of maybe using the garage, but it's being used for storage at the moment while we wait finish packing. pre-covid I used the gym at work on my lunch break. once covid hit, and I started WFH, I quickly realized that working out from home was not going to work, so I joined a gym. I consider it a big part of my mental health, along with my physical well-being.

But when we move, I hope to be able to have a well-stocked home gym... :)

Our current house is not setup for any kind of home gym, short of maybe using the garage, but it's being used for storage at the moment while we wait finish packing. pre-covid I used the gym at work on my lunch break. once covid hit, and I started WFH, I quickly realized that working out from home was not going to work, so I joined a gym. I consider it a big part of my mental health, along with my physical well-being.

But when we move, I hope to be able to have a well-stocked home gym... :)
I like joining a gym, because it forces me to go since I've already spent the money. But if I'm leaving Indiana soon...I'm happy I didn't lock myself into a contract. I do try and WFH but it's hard in my apartment, since there is really no place to put workout equipment that is a designated space. So it has to happen in my living room in front of the tv. Which is a very narrow space and even narrower when Odin decides to interrupt and sit on my yoga mat while I'm trying to plank.

I like joining a gym, because it forces me to go since I've already spent the money. But if I'm leaving Indiana soon...I'm happy I didn't lock myself into a contract. I do try and WFH but it's hard in my apartment, since there is really no place to put workout equipment that is a designated space. So it has to happen in my living room in front of the tv. Which is a very narrow space and even narrower when Odin decides to interrupt and sit on my yoga mat while I'm trying to plank.
haha yes! I tried and aside from the lack of real space (and stable flooring), the dogs were very "helpful".... push-ups??? here, let me help you out. sit-ups? I'm gonna sit on your stomach... down dog?, yes I can do that too! - right underneath you... sphynx pose? let me lick your face!

Back