Nutrition, Diet, and Exercise: Notes, Goals, and Resources (these people just keep talking about crossfit)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with you but i still beleive at least some conscious thought was put into it.  I think we can come up with similar solutions to help not shut down small businesses & keep us from getting fat /etc

55_43.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Deload week. SBDs have been at 55%. Increased KMs xc skiing and did a killer arm workout yesterday. 
set a timer for 20 mins and do as many rounds as you can:

10-close grip on the football bar (135#)

15-curls w/45# bar

10-DB rows w/fat grip (DB in each hand) (75#)

Did these as supersets. Got 10 rounds even. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Deload week. SBDs have been at 55%. Increased KMs xc skiing and did a killer arm workout yesterday. 
set a timer for 20 mins and do as many rounds as you can:

10-close grip on the football bar (135#)

15-curls w/45# bar

10-DB rows w/fat grip (DB in each hand) (75#)

Did these as supersets. Got 10 rounds even. 
I have no idea what this is, but I am terrified of your fitness levels. 

Today was strict press. Yaaaaaaaay. Got up to 78lbs total, to try and max out. I think I could have gone maybe another 5 on each side but I keep playing it safe and underestimating my limits. Going to have to start keeping track of things starting in 2021 since I’m slowly understanding all the movements. 

Also did Turkish getups (my favorite!!!!!). We actually did the full movement, instead of just up to the sweep, and I forgot how much I loved it. We also did dumbbell hang clean and jerk, I only did 20lbs each arm because I’m still a baby lifter person. End of class was side/side/center planks. I’m dead. 

I agree with you but i still beleive at least some conscious thought was put into it.  I think we can come up with similar solutions to help not shut down small businesses & keep us from getting fat /etc

View attachment 19528
Oh I don't disagree. It's an extremely valuable datapoint. I just feel that the headline is misleading.

JK update journal:

Ate and drank like a monster during Thanksgiving.  Gained prob 5lb.

Went to gym last night.  Was able to do pretty solid strict press and push press (like, I could have prob gone up?).  Was not a fan of front rack kettlebell squats, especially since we weren't allowed to downgrade to dumbbells this time.  Working out is hard.  

Have also been trying to drink at least one 'solid' single serving of protein shake in the morning.  I usually just double it since I have a bigger blender bottle.  Life is sucking but, idk, getting that 'proud dad' nod from the trainer last night when I cranked out the 10 strict press made me happy.

they thought it was going to snow or something so they changed up todays workout to a series of air squats and pull ups, total of 225 air squats and lets say I am not walking normal today..

really sucks cause if I had checked before I left the house at 5am I would have totally not went.. #oldmanknees

JK gym update: Due to me really want to go home to NYS for Christmas (as long as the borders are still open...), I'm not going to the gym for the rest of the year to do a semi-quarantine.  I say semi because I'm still going into work every single day.  I do have a couple of goals I want to try and reach for 2021:

Do a real pushup

Complete a chinup, unassisted

Complete a pullup, unassisted

Actual write down the daily program

Try to increase my lifting for each of the major movements (deadlift, sumo, front squat, back squat, bench press, strict press, push press) by at least 10% and be more aware of what my 'starting' weight should be for each of those movements

Back