Nutrition, Diet, and Elite Fitness: Notes, Goals, and Resources....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20 IN Box - (also the rx height)

Its weird that I lost right at 40 lbs so being able to drop that 45 lbs after I was done felt crazy that I used to carry that around for "fun"

I was moved by the story behind Chad so I attempted it. I only did 400 step ups (20in box, 47.5lb ruck)and it took me 38:35. I was only going to do 250 but got into groove and kept going. I don’t train like this and then got worried about giving myself rhabdo. 

Last edited by a moderator:
How do the legs feel today?

at 300 i switched from a vest set up to a 40 lbs sandbag and thew in the extra 5 lb dive weight I had brought in it, I felt it was easier being able to have the weight directly above my shoulders.

It also helped to have a full class and some metal music blasting

Legs are sore and I am avoiding trips up and down my stairs. I also xc skied 5k last night so that just added to it. 

Legs are sore and I am avoiding trips up and down my stairs. I also xc skied 5k last night so that just added to it. 
Has junior done any biathlon events yet this year?

Has junior done any biathlon events yet this year?
unfortunately no. They typically host one race before Thanksgiving and another in the spring.  Due to COVID they have been postponed. :( We have only been having practice. At least junior is getting to send some rounds down range and getting some skiing in.

nice work!

I think thats why our gym owner only did the half because she said even when she makes the classes 90 minutes it just takes a long time to do it, rx, scaled, etc, it all sucks!

The new place doesnt have an actual on ramp program so they just work people in (which I think would be bad idea?) because there are 2 new ladies (mom and dauughter) who started classes this morning and they came in at the end of everyone finishing up 50 burpees over bar :BS: and then laying aroud dying..

Owner was like everyone hurry up and dont look like you are about to die before they get here..

Anyone see the sale that Garmin is having?

Santa is now apparently buying me a Vivoactive 4.

Id like to get the newer version of the fenix 5 that does music but I hate to dump my perferctly good fenix 5 (just doesnt hold music)

The gym misses you too!

I dont think I would ever want to go back to just running or lifting solo at globo gym again. It's hard to beat a 5-6 hour a week investment thats fun, you get to throw weights around, get to talking some lite smack to other old dudes, and minute for minute has to be one of the most effective things you can do to get in shape and stay in shape.

I was talking to a couple guys who just came back to the office with their quarantine 35 lbs. They were wanting to wait till spring to get back to running and I tried to offer them the red pill. Sign up, show up 3X a week and it will be gone by spring.. but they are blue pill people.. running and parking in the back of the parking lot for extra steps...

Meanwhile here's me who's lost 14 lbs since covid started running and working out in the house... No cults required!!  :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Meanwhile here's me who's lost 14 lbs since covid started running and working out in the house... No cults required!!  :p
24d72f.jpg

Latest posts

Back