Nutrition, Diet, and Elite Fitness: Notes, Goals, and Resources....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really dont see her beef, other than thats just more people not buying her videos?

Most exercise people tend to just be happy people are trying to exercise. 

In all honesty I really liked her and Bob on the first couple of seasons of the biggest loser, but  did anyone on TBL actually keep the weight off?

I will take the occasional sore shoulder, tennis elbow, sore knee over  carrying around an extra 50lbs of bodyfat.

Some of them did, some of them definitely did not. That girl who basically broke the franchise when she went Skeletor for the finale has regained 20 pounds and looks way better. 

The kicker for me is that CF has taught me proper form on things that I didn't have before. Push ups are the perfect example- I used to have my arms out to the side of me and my shoulders would be blown. Now I keep them tucked in and I don't have shoulder pain. 

We're weirdly starting to see the Gold's Gym guys come back to the gym. I don't know if that's because of new health restrictions or what. 

:D

It defin takes some "learning" -  my old gym didnt ever do heavy C&J's so I never messed with the split - but new place likes them so Im trying to get it down as well.

you know I would have thought 2 years in I would be able to bang out 100 push ups in a workout? 

Thought I had an easy Rx this am

1 mile run, then 4 X (15-95# HPC, 25 PU, 15 V Ups) - barely made it into the 3rd round and had to go to a box for the last 30 or so, I was trying to get there doing singles but i was getting the watch tap from the coach- walk of shame over to grab a box.. the 95 # hang power clean was a little heavy but was able to go unbroken.. maybe its all the other **** that wears out your upper body but it was annoying.. drove over a cat on the way home...

^ - insert opportunity for ble to tell me he did 200 this am in his garage ;)  

It defin takes some "learning" -  my old gym didnt ever do heavy C&J's so I never messed with the split - but new place likes them so Im trying to get it down as well.

you know I would have thought 2 years in I would be able to bang out 100 push ups in a workout? 

1 mile run, then 4 X (15-95# HPC, 25 PU, 15 V Ups) - barely made it into the 3rd round and had to go to a box for the last 30 or so, I was trying to get there doing singles but i was getting the watch tap from the coach- walk of shame over to grab a box.. the 95 # hang power clean was a little heavy but was able to go unbroken.. maybe its all the other **** that wears out your upper body but it was annoying.. drove over a cat on the way home...

Poor kitty! :(

it was a quick death

just kidding, no cats injured, but there are a ton of them at the half built mall where the gym is

What, you're not doing one-arm pushups yet? 

You just have to work on your cross-fit form a little more :D ;) :

H0q2.gif

More proof that the bench is really

not all that necessary:

315 seems a little low, I can do that ;)

65A8254A-F017-4CE4-84ED-714931469CEB.jpeg

I bench pressed 95 pounds this morning! 

I tried for 105, then 100, but a few things prevented that:

1. My lack of strength

2. My brain

3. Deciding to LIFT MY LEG OFF THE GROUND instead of planting and pushing. Cheese and rice. 

It just occurred to me this morning that the usual crush of new people at the gym in January might not happen this year. Like at the Planet Fitness and whatnot. Do you think people will still try to sign up or will they try to buy at-home stuff that's still not available? 

And good on you if you're trying to get healthy. I just wonder what this year is like. 

I think it will be a little down from previous years.

They are converting the old Toys R Us near our gym to a Planet Fitness, working on it like gangbusters with a sign that they will be up by "New Years" -

I am starting to see all of the New Year / New You ads for all the globo cardio type gym places -  But also that F45 never opened near us, there was a spinoff of Cycle Bar the wife signed up for that went out of business with the last round of shutdowns.

Our new gym has picked up like 8 new folk in the last month - been kind of weird, owner had to add an extra class.  She has been trying to keep a low profile and not attract attention (were in that Larkbridge Shopping Center near the top golf) The starbuck karens usually give us a dirty look when we run in and out of the door..

But we still see people begging on nextdoor for gym eqipment - Ive been debating seeing how much I can get for my 2 - 20# Kettle Bells?

Back