NFL Football 2011

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An 0-16 Colts team just replaces Manning with Andrew Luck. I'm not sure you want what you think that you want.
He would never play. Manning will be back next year, and they'll be winning bullshit games again. I just want to savor their anguish now that their only player is hurt.

Manning will be back next year
You think? I'm not so sure. He's smart, has won his championship, and makes it no secret he's interested in coaching. Wouldn't suprise me if this injury makes him start to think about hanging up the cleats. But we'll see.
I hope you're right. I don't think the Colts will be good at all without Manning. Andrew Luck is hot shit in college, but so was Ryan Leaf.

You know, I'm surprised that Indy, with Manning hurt and Jim Tressel coming on board, didn't make a play for a very inexpensive Terrell Pryor, even with the 5 game suspension. Kid was a hell of a lot better than Turdis Painter ever was at Purdue...

ngnrd said:
The Lions' wins the past couple of weeks have been pretty impressive. But they do need to find a way to avoid being down by 20+ points. If that keeps up, there's no way they make it to the playoffs. Green Bay won't let that happen.
And, for the record: yes, the Skins are 3-1 now even though Grossman racked up another pair of INT's as he tried to give the game away. Will this never end?

My one knock on Schwartz right now is the comes out to establish the run, like he still has Chris Johnson running behind a nice offensive line. Jahvid Best and a bunch of no-name OLs will not have the same success.

They need to start throwing to Cal Johnson in the first half. He has two TDs in each game so far and how many were in the first half? Maybe one?

ngnrd said:
Curtis Painter looks like a roadie at a Winger concert.
She's only seeevennnnteeeen..... Daddy says she's too young, but she's old enough for me!

Thanks for jamming that into my brain. I won't be able to shake that loose all day. :thankyou:
We aim to please!!

Anyone see that horiffic ankle injury to that guy on Indy last night? Hopefully he can return to play at some point, that was pretty gruesome.

^I was eating dinner at the time...ugh.

I ripped up a couple of ankle ligaments and dislocated it while playing pickup basketball in college. It felt like my foot was on fire at the time, but at least it faced forward. I can't imagine how this guy musta felt.

My wife rolled her ankle over the foot of another player during a college volleyball game in her freshman year. I know it tore a couple ligaments and broke one of the interior foot bones. She has only played a few rec league games since, and has to wear a brace when she does.

I was dumb and never got it looked at until years later. It has this tendency to just give out on me 2-3 times a year. Inevitably when I'm on some rocky trail 7 miles deep in the backcountry. It's also a hoot when playing tennis.

I saw that. seems like if you have any sort of endorsement/job/royalty situation it is best to keep your mouth shut these days.

They need to start throwing to Cal Johnson in the first half. He has two TDs in each game so far and how many were in the first half? Maybe one?
ngnrd said:
But surely some team will realize that all they need to do to win is shut down the Lions' passing game, right? The problem is, even if they do realize it, I'm not sure who's going to be able to actually do it.
I know who'll be able to do it. Green Bay's solid secondary. I predict Woodson gets two picks off Stafford trying to force the ball to CJ. McCarthy will have him locked up tight all game. :thumbs:

ngnrd said:
That's my point. They don't play Green bay for another eight weeks. And Detroit could rack up a lot of wins between then and now.
Indeed. Good point. LOL

I saw that. seems like if you have any sort of endorsement/job/royalty situation it is best to keep your mouth shut these days.

Unless your a liberal entertainer and the president is republican.. there were far worse things said about W and it was if anything applauded and encouraged.....

But Disney is a pussy of a corporation so they have probably been looking for a way to get rid of Hank for a while..

I had a good friend in New York City, he never called me by my name just Hillbilly...

Back