NFL Football 2011

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was so fired up after the SNF game last night it took me an hour and a half to get to sleep this morning. I'm usually out cold by 10, 1:30 AM is killing me today plus I've got class tonight.

Well, have to say I enjoyed this one. Was it pretty. No. Was it a win? Yessssss. I do like to see the good guy winning. His detractors are going to bash him again anyways but it was a magical moment in Denver anyways.

What time is it? Tebow Time.

Jets were Tebowed last night...

tim_tebow__broncos.jpg

It is funny to watch Tebow get sacked and then he hugs the defender and says god bless you! Afterward... Maybe this I what the world needs....

Jets have no offense, and despite his 20 yard wonder run, Tebow has got to be one of the worst QB's that league has ever seen. He couldn't hit a barn door running a post route, never mind a receiver.

Jets have no offense, and despite his 20 yard wonder run, Tebow has got to be one of the worst QB's that league has ever seen. He couldn't hit a barn door running a post route, never mind a receiver.
I don't follow college football and all I had seen of him with Denver were hightlights, not a full game. Woof. The 1903 Harvard playbook they are using is painful to watch. He's so inaccurate as a passer. I picked Denver in my pool though. The Jets are on a short week and had to travel most of the way across the country after a Sunday nighter. Plus, this option gimmick is still new enough to surprise. Teams will adapt eventually, like the Wildcat in 2008. This is just the flavor of the week.

Sanchez needs to get into a more supportive clubhouse. Rex is gonna ruin this guy's career. And what happened to their vaunted D? They couldn't stop such a simple offense? They really need to beat Buffalo next week to have a shot at the playoffs. You figure one of the WC spots will come out of the East. The South and West are weak divisions.

You'll have NE, NY, and Buffalo fighting for 2 spots in the East. And Pitt, Cincy, Balt for 2 in the North.

My wife wants a Tebow jersey after watching last nights game. Dammit.
She does even like football, or just Tebow?

I agree. He is probably the worst 4-1 starter ever.

I don't follow college football and all I had seen of him with Denver were hightlights, not a full game. Woof. The 1903 Harvard playbook they are using is painful to watch. He's so inaccurate as a passer. I picked Denver in my pool though. The Jets are on a short week and had to travel most of the way across the country after a Sunday nighter. Plus, this option gimmick is still new enough to surprise. Teams will adapt eventually, like the Wildcat in 2008. This is just the flavor of the week.

Sanchez needs to get into a more supportive clubhouse. Rex is gonna ruin this guy's career. And what happened to their vaunted D? They couldn't stop such a simple offense? They really need to beat Buffalo next week to have a shot at the playoffs. You figure one of the WC spots will come out of the East. The South and West are weak divisions.

You'll have NE, NY, and Buffalo fighting for 2 spots in the East. And Pitt, Cincy, Balt for 2 in the North.

In all fairness, the Jets D only gave up 10 points, 7 of which were the 20 yard Tebow scramble.

She does like the Broncos, but I think she wants the jersey more because she knows it will piss me off if she had one. Back in March I got mad at her for being a bandwagon Duke fan for March Madness (mostly because I like UNC), so she went out and got a Duke shirt. And she wore it as often as she could throughout the tourney, despite the fact they were eliminated in the 3rd round, just because she knew I didn't like it.

Tebow's a competitor. If he can improve his arm strength and accuracy maybe he'll continue to play. Fun to watch, but a bit feminine in the post game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sanchez doesn't really seem any better than Tebow at throwing. He missed Plaxico a couple of times that he shouldn't have.

Sanchez doesn't really seem any better than Tebow at throwing. He missed Plaxico a couple of times that he shouldn't have.
Sanchez needs to go, IMO. He's too worried about Maxim articles to be a good QB. Promising start early on (first two years), but seems to be regressing with every game. Unfortunately, he'll never go anywhere as long as Ryan is coach.

I do think that Denver's defense deserves some credit for how bad Sanchez looked yesterday. It was supposed to be a blowout. The mighty Jets, with Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez, were supposed to destroy to hapless Denver Broncos. I mean, that is a Super Bowl caliber team...are not they? Now, just because they lost to the Broncos, now are in the same league as Miami, Oakland, and Kansas City.

Latest posts

Back