NFL Football 2011

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not expecteding much for MNF since the bears are playing. will probably be as boring as their last MNF game.

That was sarcasm. I do not believe he is the answer. I'm hoping for Matt Barkley at QB next year (since we are now out of the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes).

It is almost funny to see how Tebow's performance was almost disappointing to the media. They expected another previous week show and Tebow, while not spectacular, had a decent performance. While 10 for 21 is not something to call home about 2TDs, 117 rushing yards ,and no TOs are acceptable. Now the issue is that Tebow did not do it with his arm but his legs. It was Ok to others, like Michael Vick when he started.

The kid does not have a chance. Too many people on his six waiting for him to fail. Last week ESPN and others spent from 20 to 30 minutes bashing him after the fiasco against the Lions. Last night? "We will continue to eyeball him" and that was it. At least he got a break.

If anything, he's proven that he can be a solid #2 (pun intended)
I guess that will depend on how many QBs are available for the team. I do think the team was too quick on giving to the pressure to bench Orton. Tebow was, is, and will not be ready for, at least, a couple of years. As one of the ESPN analysts said, the coaches want for everybody to see what they see each and everyday on practice. That will eventually shut up Tebow's fans. They are not counting on him learning anything in the process.

Mike Vick and Cam Netwon are crooks but yet Tebow is too religous to be a good running quarter back!

Cam Newton hasnt really done shit this season either (but lose games) yet they are still singing his praises on ESPN..

Its all about the stats. The TEAM may be horrible, but the PLAYER is one of the top in the fantasy football world. Also, its how they run. Vick and Newton both run like top-dollar RB's, whereas Tebow is more of a power back. Nothing very highlight worthy about a straight-ahead run and getting hit...

just to point out that I am also very glad Tebow isnt on my team, I beleive you should just say no to NFL QB's that cant throw.

:cue biased opinion: Sure, Cam has lost a lot this year, but he is the only reason that the Panthers have had a shot at winning any of their games so far. If they had a defense or special teams they could realistically be a 2 loss team. He has impressed me a lot considering how he played in the preseason, but he can still fall on his face and he still has a lot of rookie mistakes (turnovers). Time will tell if he is going to be a franchise qb, but it looks pretty good so far.

Why the universal hate for the guy? Did he do something in college that turned everyone off? (not a college football fan so I don't know)

I don't think he's a starting caliber QB, but people rip the guy left and right and he seems like a decent dude.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't hate Tebow, far from it. I admire his conviction, what he stands for, and what he represents as a human being. As you stated, he is not an NFL starting QB (yet), because of his mechanics and inability to read defenses. The problem is that he gets so much attention for being a mid-lower to lower caliber QB. A lot of people who want him to be the starter don't have a real knowledge of the NFL game, and what it takes to win. I would argue that he was one of the greatest college football players ever, playing the option, but as has been seen recently in the NFL, the spread offense does not translate to the NFL. I am happy with any win, but I just don't see Tebow as the long-term answer at QB for the Broncos.

Back