NFL 2015

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd take a defensive showdown like that any day of the week over those ridiculous 45-38 College Bowl games. If anyone was expecting a lot of scoring with the #1 and #5 overall defenses squaring off, you obviously didn't pay attention to the last few games.  Carolina was known to be completely shut down for entire halves (NFC Champ game), Denver never really had an explosive offense, and add in the fact that there were some outstanding defenses on the field, I was surprised to see the winning team score 24 points.

Carolina also shot themselves in the foot plenty of times. Missed field goal, fumbles, sacks, dropped passes, penalties, etc.  I just don't think they were ready for that spotlight.  They come back next year, however, and they will be dominant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoy watching a dominant defensive game like that, I more enjoyed "Mr. Hotpants" being run down from behind and thrown to the ground all night.

I also never cared for that stupid Blindside movie either ;)  

I hope Denver enjoys this one, because unless they pick up some quality offensive players (namely a QB & RB) I think they are screwed next year.. Those west coast running backs need to go, but maybe its not possible for their offense to be worse next year so who knows?

12687978_979558422137818_4968143781469095918_n.jpg

I wonder if Peyton saying "I'm going to drink a lot of Budweiser tonight was subliminal to saying "FU Denver" or if bud just offered to pay him more than Coors? Coors (for whatever reason) is "the townie beer"...
Because it's made where Dex went to school!

Well, I gotta say that I'm disappointed in how the game turned out last night. It was basically what I was expecting and I had told several friends that whichever defense created the most turnovers and/or scored points was going to win, and that's what happened. Props to the Denver D for exposing our O-Line and getting in Newton's face all night. Our defense played great as well, and the difference in the game was the two strip sacks that Miller had, both leading to touchdowns. If you would have told me that our D would hold Denver to less than 250 yards of offense and force 3 turnovers, I would have said we won the game, but Denver's D one-upped us the whole game.

Like Supe said, that non-reversal of the incomplete pass to Cotchery in the first quarter was huge and IMO a big miss by the refs. Two plays later you get the strip-sack TD and the rest was history. I do have to say that it seems that we weren't quite ready for the spotlight either. We made a lot of mistakes that we normally don't make and they came back to bite us. Oh well, we had a great season and the bulk of our team will be back next year, so we should hopefully only get stronger. This won't be the last time we're in the Super Bowl!

This is always a sad day, starting tomorrow pretty much turn of espn, and sports talk radio till August...

The first Red Neck 500 is only two weeks away.  I don't follow it like I used to but it's as good as anything else to have on the TV for a Sunday afternoon nap on the couch.

I've tried to watch it before but just can't ever get into..maybe if I start from the beginning of the season

Back