Dec 2023 Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed using Heiner. Crucial to go through all lectures, sample problems, and exams. Also used AEI exam sample problems for variety of exam questions.
I have passed Surveying already and highly recommend Reza’s surveying class.

Just got my results this morning. I passed and I am done!
I used AEI the first time i failed in may 2023 but still a good course. This time i refreshed with Hiner using all of AEIs material and I passed. The first time I took I was prepared but I did not sleep well and i had a headache. I cannot emphasize enough the need for quality sleep leading up to the exam. I made sure I slept in for 3 days leading up to the exam. I could tell that the first time around I would come to a problem and just blank out vs this time everything made much more sense and I knew the problem and what actions to take.

Last edited:
For Seismic I think with the AEI course + its practice exams, all the calculation problems and the simple code lookup problems become a breeze. The conceptual problems can be a hit or miss but if one gets almost all calc + code lookup problems correct, then you can afford to get most of the conceptual ones wrong.

For those done with Surveying, which one would you recommend between Reza and CPESR?

For Seismic I think with the AEI course + its practice exams, all the calculation problems and the simple code lookup problems become a breeze. The conceptual problems can be a hit or miss but if one gets almost all calc + code lookup problems correct, then you can afford to get most of the conceptual ones wrong.

For those done with Surveying, which one would you recommend between Reza and CPESR?
I used CPESR. I completed all the videos and then made sure I tested a lot. His online resources allows you to take multiple exam and then shows you where you are weak which I loved. I took about 9 practice exams. I would use weekends to brush up on what I was weak on and make sure I understood the material. I like the problems because they were not all the same. Even though they may be similar you will learn to solve it backwards and forwards. Come test time I felt good about it. I only left about 4 questions i could not answer but i had a good guess.

I just found out I passed survey! I did the CPESR course (w manual) and had the reza manual during the test. I also did the practice exam in the reza manual.

Reza is nice bc it gives a lot more definitions and makes it easy to look up different concepts. CPSER manual is great for common equations but is hard if you arnt a visual learner because he doesn’t add a lot of text to define different concepts. That said, the CPSER course was super straightforward and easy to follow - just have to take notes in the manual. The online questions are also awesome.

Back