NFL 2015

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Pats/Broncs game was a good game.  Neither Manning nor Brady were outstanding.  Too bad it ended up being Gostowski's missed PAT that stopped the overtime.  Kudos to the Broncs for stopping the final 2-point conversion.  Lots of 3 and dones on both sides.

I can't see any reason for the Broncs to gloat...it certainly wasn't a spanking/rout/(insert any other term for decisive victory).  One team won and one team lost.  Regretably, it was the Pats that lost time.

So the Pats had two chances to score a field goal in the 4th.  Instead, they chose to go for it on 4th down.  Seems like a field goal would've made sense at that point, no?

It was an executive decision.  Being down 8 points they needed a TD.  Belichick opted to go for the TD and save the "get me to FG range" for later.  Again, kudos to the Bronc defense for shutting them down both times. I'm really supriosed that they didn't convert on the 4th and 1, but strong D on Denver's part.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'm thinking back to my Madden playing days haha.  If the defense has been shutting me down all game, I go to the field goal unless time is running out.

I really want to see Newton get knocked around by the Broncos defense like Brady did yesterday, I think it will completely rattle him.

I guess I'm thinking back to my Madden playing days haha.  If the defense has been shutting me down all game, I go to the field goal unless time is running out.
Good strategy but time was running out. 

As much as I dislike SCam Newton I do not see the Denver D terrorizing him the same way they tortured Brady. Also, it is not the same frame at 6'4" and 250 pounds he can take, and give some punishment. I believe am not watching the SB this year. Do not want to see Newton winning it all. I do really hope Manning pulls one last trick from his forehead, ehr,..pardon me...hat. It is just unlikely. Congrats in advance to Ble and the rest of the Panthers' fan here.

But, for what it may worth....GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!

You never know, after all The Panthers did lose to the falcons
Do not know my friend. They surely look like a superior team. It is not only Newton. They have a bunch of good players that are fun to watch. I hope the guy that injured his hand last night (Davis????) can play. He was a force to be reckoned last night.

Eh, the Panthers were already in "save it for the postseason" mode by the Atlanta game.  They came back with several shellackings in a row.

Even if Denver gets through the offensive line, Newton will not go down like Brady.  More size, more speed, and his NFL scrambling looks like a collegiate option QB run.  The Broncos will HAVE to go up early, and force a few 3 and outs in the first quarter.  If they have to play catch-up out of the hole, and the Panthers get some confidence, it's going to be lights out for Denver.  If they can figure out how to give Olsen a hard time, that will make things very tough for Carolina, since guys like Roby can match up with Ginn and the rest of the receivers.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much everyone also said that there was no way the Broncos would be able to stop Gronkowski either

But the Broncos have absolutely no offense

Pretty much everyone also said that there was no way the Broncos would be able to stop Gronkowski either

That.

Someone laughed at me here in the office when I said that Manning numbers right now look more like Tebow's. I do not think am too far from the truth. Also, when I see his passes they seem to have absolutely no strength. Given, it is Peyton freaking Manning and will always make a couple of throws here and there, but he is no longer a down the field threat.

I don't think they really did stop Gronkowski.  They stopped Brady from getting it to him.  

Gronk still ended the game with 140+ yards and a TD.  It was the fact they shut down Edelman, Amendola, and the entire running game.

@Ble_PE, you going to the Pro Bowl?
I'm going to see what kind of deals they put out for it this week. The week of the bowl game, they had $10 tickets, so I'm hoping for a sale like that. It's not like it will be a sell-out.

Man, what a game yesterday! I was confident that we would win, but I was expecting a very close game and was not expecting us to shut Arizona's offense down like that. I'm looking forward to the Super Bowl! The number 1 ranked offense going up against the number one ranked defense should make for a good game. I think the deciding factor will be our defense, which isn't too shabby itself, making it a long night for Manning just like we did for Palmer. I'm optimistic, but nothings a given and the Broncos are extremely good. Can't wait til February 7th! On the plus side, I don't have to stay up late to watch the game since it will be over around 7 or so.

What an exciting finish to the Pats/Broncos game.  The last 2 minutes were great to watch, the rest was ho-hum.

I'm not sure what to think about SB50, I'll just be watching it for the commercials.

12592764_971491439611183_438234946842011586_n.jpg

Back