NCEES News Update

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. Haha yes definitely brain dead after each session but not sure how much better the 80 question exam will be. Guess I'll found out :ppp
Did you ever think about switching to PE Civil Water Resources and Environmental? I would assume that the PM would be somewhat similar or are they 2 totally different exams

PPI sent me an email - Only one week left to save $550, sale ends 12/7....it's a sign! (Probably that I've failed, lol and should sign up now and save the $550). Meh.
I passed years ago and I still occasionally get an email or snail mail advertising those courses. What's even funnier is that they are sending me ads for classes outside my discipline.

Did you ever think about switching to PE Civil Water Resources and Environmental? I would assume that the PM would be somewhat similar or are they 2 totally different exams
I thought about it...but I think that would mean taking the Civil AM Breadth. At least with the environmental exam, I don't have to do the AM Breadth. I'm in remediation so I do very little actual engineering.  Honestly I have no desire to relearn structures and the other subjects I haven't touched in ten years, haha.  

Sounds like a good sign to me! I clicked on it and I get this:

I was kidding but now I am depressed...lol

Just curious did you have to update any information when you clicked "Register"

View attachment 10372
Is this really accurate about being able to register for the exam? I am getting this screen as well, after updating my information. Should I not be seeing this screen?

Is this really accurate about being able to register for the exam? I am getting this screen as well, after updating my information. Should I not be seeing this screen?
I wasn't being totally serious..sorry didn't mean to worry you...I just wanted confirmation if others were getting the same thing...I don't remember seeing this last April...its like the theory someone had about getting the exam surveys..if it were true i take it they have a serious glitch in their system

Yes you can register for the Chemical because it is a CBT now and you can take it up to four times a year. That is of course it follows the FE CBT standards. Not sure if it does or not. 

The register option has been there at least since 11-17. That’s when I first noticed the date to register opened on 12-4. I think we will see results tomorrow.  Surely they wouldn’t open registration before previous results were posted. 

Sounds like a good sign to me! I clicked on it and I get this:

I was kidding but now I am depressed...lol

Just curious did you have to update any information when you clicked "Register"

View attachment 10372
Ahhh, hadn't finished the info update.  I do get the same screen as you.  So, since registration opens Monday, wonder if results may be released this week?  Wonder how the open registration date and results release date lined up in the past.  Didn't even pay attention to it after the spring exam.

Based on my experience from the last time I took the exam (April '17, Mechanical MDM), none of these signs really matter...just wait until you get that email from NCEES in your inbox and THEN you will really know....good luck to us all !!

Back