Mosul Dam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah Winchester, VA.  So many happy memories.

The first time through, we were grabbing as much crap as they would give us.  The second time through, I was arguing with them because they were trying to make me take stuff that I knew I wouldn't need and I didn't want to have to lug it around and be responsible for returning it.

Them: "You have to take a flight suit (they're flame resistant)."  Me: "But I've got my own ACU's (which are also flame resistant) so I don't need to take a flight suit."  Them: "This paper says you have to take a flight suit."  Me: "Fine, then give me an extra small (I was about 6'2" and 280lb at the time)."

what is ironic is that Iraq is probably getting a dam (wall) and is also getting someone else to pay for it ;)  

Jeb, that'll be cool.  They are doing the selections now with anticipation of having the team identified in a week to 10 days.
Might want to check that statement until if/when you meet him.  He's a crusty old dude (seriously...reminds me of Grandpa in The Simpsons) who can be a bit of an odd ball.  Sounded like if he goes he was thinking it'd be closer to the end of the summer.

eliminate them
Sounds good to me.

1242617b2cb1872fb872bd982c1145b9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back