Mosul Dam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That really does sound like a cool project with a potentially really big impact.  But also very dangerous.  I just hope those fuckers appreciate what the US is doing for them. 

I was never high enough in the food chain to have CG in any correspondence.

As much as it sounds like a cool project I wish you a quick trip, a safe boring one, sitting behind a desk buried 20-30' below the sand!
It's a dam with high failure possibility! His underground bunker would need to be offsite. 

I was thinking more from haji lobbing mortars over the wall...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
So is the United States paying for the dam reconstruction, or are you guys providing oversight and security for a foreign contractor?

Also will there be a dam tour guide named Art and will you be allowed to take all the damn pictures you want and ask all the damn questions you have? Where will cousin Eddie purchase his damn bait?

I don't know anything about who is paying for the dam grouting work.  I would imagine its the US, but I don't know.  We are providing oversight for a foriegn contractor.  We are not providing security.  Security is being provided by the Italian Army.

Out of curiosity do you copy and paste your post into the website? I'm still trying to figure out why some of your post never show up in the mobile viewers?

weird, I copied and pasted something a few days ago and it shows on the regular site but not on tapatalk.. just trying to figure out what the damage is!

I don't know anything about who is paying for the dam grouting work.  I would imagine its the US, but I don't know.  We are providing oversight for a foriegn contractor.  We are not providing security.  Security is being provided by the Italian Army.
There's a group you don't hear much about- the Italian Army. 

That may ultimately be basically the answer.  The problem of course, is that I suspect it provides electricity to all of Northern Iraq.
Where do I send my bill for consulting?   :D

As for the electricity, lets either build the Liquid Thorium reactor where I can supply to thorium, or buy them all a generator which they can fuel from the local oil/gas supply.

Back