Got Ink?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fess up, are you sporting some skin art?

• yup

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • nope

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • rather not say

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
I've been heavily considering getting a tat, I think I want a Tiger on my right shoulder, and this on my left... Want to incorporate family names in the tree

fad77eaf7006e130ab1fa25c23c5190c.jpg

None. There've been a few times where I've considered getting one, but I don't like the idea of altering my body even semi-permanently unless it's necessary for medical reasons.

Edit: If I did get one, it'd probably be some form of endless knot.

Last edited by a moderator:
They may seem cool now, but the tats on elderly people with the skin saggy and whatnot just seal the deal for never getting one.

I want something it just hasn't hit me yet..

My daughter is a really good self taught artist so I would like her to draw me something small and then get it put on..

Just don't know what or where..

My wife said its funny when they have a 65 year old lady in the hospital and everything is sagging except the fake boobs.....

yeah. thing is, by the time my skin is saggin.. I won't give a flying F%$#.

You will, long before that.

(The above based on personal observations from folks a generation or more older than me, including more than a few WWII veterans)

RG, that sounds awesome.

For anyone that might have like a 1/4 sleeve (shoulder to that bicep at short sleeve length)... was looking at estimates, and it was going to run $600. Sound reasonable?

RG, that sounds awesome.

For anyone that might have like a 1/4 sleeve (shoulder to that bicep at short sleeve length)... was looking at estimates, and it was going to run $600. Sound reasonable?
Depends on the shop/artist. You're looking at 4-6 hours of work, so an hourly rate of $100-$150 for a reasonably good artist sounds about right.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got two, one is an arm band and the other is on my leg just above the sock line. Don't regret them and have had them for over 10 years now. Quite honestly, I don't even think about them anymore. I'm pretty sure I won't care what they look like when I'm old and wrinkly, because I don't care about how they look now. Just a relic of past decisions, but not regrets.

RG, that sounds awesome.

Depends on the shop/artist. You're looking at 4-6 hours of work, so an hourly rate of $100-$150 for a reasonably good artist sounds about right.

Yep.

And I always tip HEAVILY. Its always a good idea to keep the person permanently altering your body on your good side. Plus, I'm a bleeder and tend to get them where its excruciatingly painful, so part of it is "thanks for dealing with me" money.

I did add another one on my right leg since I last posted here. It's a mashup between the NZ fern and the CO flag. Can't seem to find a pic of it.

hard decision, do i keep working on my sleeve(currently Half) or start on piece i have been thinking about on my calf.  I should just set up my appointment, my guy is about six months out.

I think you should start the calf, just because it’ll heal totally by summer/will be more prone to the elements (you can always wear a shirt over your sleeve, but you can’t not wear pants...I believe it’s a social norm). I’m lucky because the piece I’m working on now is being done by a high school friend who is really growing into her own, so I get to schedule appointments whenever. She’s not famous or anything, but she has consistent work and has been invited to a nicely growing list of conventions both at home and across the sea. 

Back