Got Ink?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fess up, are you sporting some skin art?

• yup

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • nope

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • rather not say

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
tumblr_lzi9azpm2c1rntaoto1_500.gif

I got some ink of a Viking head when I was 24, fresh out of college and a nice paycheck rolling in. Wanted it since I was 14, no regrets. Want more.

Spike TV has a show on it that deals exclusively with bad tattoos called Tattoo Nightmares. Three artists work on covering up real-life bad tattoos, and they go over how they design it, the backstory on how the original tattoo happened, then they reveal to the client (who approves the rough design but is not supposed to look at the progress until finished) what the final tat looks like. I've been catching a handful of these episodes lately and it's been fueling my desire to get my two upper-body tats either covered up or enhanced (see post #51 above for what I currently have).

Their work is really good.

http://www.spike.com/shows/tattoo-nightmares

Last edited by a moderator:
I was taught that ink is poison...
The teacher was a Republican, huh? :p Mrs. Dex and I still want more tats, it just hasn't happened yet.
The teacher was a Republican, huh? :p Mrs. Dex and I still want more tats, it just hasn't happened yet.
I am shocked that you would jump straight to that!!!! :eek:hmy:

It's true but I'm still shocked :D

Spike TV has a show on it that deals exclusively with bad tattoos called Tattoo Nightmares. Three artists work on covering up real-life bad tattoos, and they go over how they design it, the backstory on how the original tattoo happened, then they reveal to the client (who approves the rough design but is not supposed to look at the progress until finished) what the final tat looks like. I've been catching a handful of these episodes lately and it's been fueling my desire to get my two upper-body tats either covered up or enhanced (see post #51 above for what I currently have).

Their work is really good.

http://www.spike.com...ttoo-nightmares

Agreed that they do amazing work. I was lucky to become an engineer in an age of computers since I can't draw a straight line with a ruler. Therefore, I can appreciate their talent. However, I don't understand why you would put these pieces of art on your skin. They will only fade, sag, and become very unappealing. I have nothing against getting tattoos but i just don't get what benefit they have beside the sentmental value from, for example, losing a loved one or remembering important dates...

They will only fade, sag, and become very unappealing.
I have a buddy who got a tattoo on his chest of the globe when he was 18 and in the army. He's now 36 and out of shape and the globe, which was once round, is now shaped more like an egg. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
There are definitely pros and cons for getting tats. I've seen guys with 30+ year-old tats that look as good as the day they got them. And I've seen others that are only a few years old that don't look anything like they used to. It's all about the quality of the original work and how you take care of yourself. It pays to spend the extra $ to go with someone who knows what they are doing.

I think I paid about $70 for mine but it's pretty small, smaller than three inches in diameter... I've had it for about ten years now and just make sure that I put the sun stick stuff on it if I'm going out in a bathing suit (or when I was younger when I was in the tanning bed) and the color still looks like pretty much the day I got it.

I actually remember kinda wondering about the guy that I went to but he came with all sorts of recommendations... but his name was Dice and the place was called Skin Funk... just made me kinda think twice. Part of the reason I haven't gotten a second is because I haven't been able to find somplace based on recommendations the last two places we lived...

The next one I get will most likely be in Vegas. There's a really good shop just off of the strip that did the large one on my wife's side.

The teacher was a Republican, huh? :p
Mrs. Dex and I still want more tats, it just hasn't happened yet.
Starting the research phase again for a new tat. I'm thinking of getting something similar to this, but not quite as far down the arm (keep it under the sleeves of a polo for work)

bQO4Q.jpg

Back