Got Ink?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fess up, are you sporting some skin art?

• yup

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • nope

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • rather not say

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
Theres just nothing I feel so strongly about that I would get it tattooed on my body. Plus the feeling that no matter how cool or unique I think a tattoo is someone else has the same thing, sort of bothers me a little.

The only tattoos I have ever thought about getting are the family crests from my mother and father's side, one on each shoulder. meh, I don't think that will ever happen.

Oh, and this thread is worthless without pics.

I've got a few.
Enjoy%20your%20Face%20Company.JPG

:joke:

gives new meaning to the legal term 'stare decisis'

think she might be hiding the scales of justice somewhere?

I have 3:

right chest - Biohazard symbol

left back shoulderblade - tribal

right ankle - Frat motto

my wife has 2

lower back - tribal "tramp stamp" (she called it that before I knew of the term)

left side between her ribs and pelvic bone - Medical Cadusis (the medical cross with snakes - she's a nurse)

and we both want more

I want to get a small semi-band around my forearm but haven't quite nailed down the design

my wife wants to get a "nurse pin-up" (like the girls that were painted onto the bombers in WW2) on her right side to offset her Cadusis.

I technically have two on my left shoulder. I had some tribal done there when I first turned 18. I went to some crappy ink place and they royally f'ed up my arm. It looked like I had ink on top of a scar. The guy dug the needle too deep so the whole tattoo raised up since it turned into scar tissue. I then covered it up with another tribal piece which was larger and better quality. You can't even tell there is another tattoo underneath unless you are staring at it from a foot away.

I'm planning on getting an upper back piece once I get my stamp as a present to myself.

Here's my in-progress tattoo on my left ribs. My ENTIRE left ribs. About 10 hours in, and it's not hurting any less each time, that's for **** sure.

celtic cross - :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
524316.png

Had to post the ultimate tramp stamp!!!!

I know I was close to getting one when I was in the army, never pulled the trigger, can't say I am disappointed about it. If I had one of my unit patches or a Master Parachutist badge it wouldn't bother me though. Those were the ones I came closest to getting.

On the other had I was in a W. Washington town on my way to a clients and stopped at a brand new Walmart to pick up a snack/soda and what I beheld was shocking.

A collection of white trash tattoos that would have ashamed most. I mean if you are going to get a tattoo on your neck, maybe paying the extra dollars for a really good artist isn't a bad idea. I think the checkout lady had one of the worst, plus maybe it was just a coincidence but it looked like most of the tattooed patrons had not washed their clothes in weeks.

I blame Meth.

My favorite one I saw a few months ago with MIAF in a Longhorn Steakhouse here in NC (which, by the way, was one of the worst places I've ever eaten at, and they should be forced to change the name so as not to desecrate my precious TX any more than they already have).

This woman had to be in her 60's at least, and was on the "large" side. Emblazoned right there on her upper left arm was one of the largest, most poorly executed Michael Jackson tattoos I had ever seen. There was no way I could have taken a picture without it being outright obvious what I was doing.

Didn't even notice the initials until I read your post. Neat!

I think I must have voted in this back when I first joined or something and didn't know you guys... regardless, I'm one of those people with ink :) I've been working on a drawing off and on for another one (I actually have two drawings going, but one I'm still on the fence about), but with moving and not having a job, that is obviously on hold.

I love it when someone votes in an old poll and bumps it!

Back