Fitness Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those crash pads are so they can drop a 300# log on the ground and not destroy it, going to take a lot of burpees to scare those guys off :D  

tenor.gif

My low back has been giving me fits so i dedicated the last three weeks to hitting ROMWOD every day. It has done wonders. Things I do daily now are the McGill big three and at least one ROMWOD session. 

My low back has been giving me fits so i dedicated the last three weeks to hitting ROMWOD every day. It has done wonders. Things I do daily now are the McGill big three and at least one ROMWOD session. 
What does that include? I feel like I should really work mobility more than I am now. 

What does that include? I feel like I should really work mobility more than I am now. 
ROMWOD is a subscription service that streams daily routines that are supposed to increase your range of motion. It is basically yin yoga repackaged to appeal to crossfitters. I like it because I don’t have to think about it. I just do the daily routines, otherwise I would cherry pick and only stretch what I want to. What is also nice is a lot of the folks doing the routines  on the video vary in their ability. Sometimes I am more flexible than the folks demoing the routine! When I first started doing ROMWOD three years ago all the routines were about 25 mins long. Since I started back a month ago it seems all the routines are about 15 mins.  

co workers have been doing a wellness challenge, participants track how many miles they, run/walk/bike/ski etc.  I am joining and proposing we add a pounds lifted per week. everyone in the challenge right now are cardio freaks who don't even lift.

gotta love cardio in alaska in December?

Im right at 50K miles rowed for December, trying to get to 100K by 12/31

Work just did a wellness challenge and for once it included weight lifting. I may have gone off in surveys for previous wellness challenges that fricking step goals are for the birds. This one was actually pretty fun and had a lot of us out trying other things just to get points. Plus I won a $50 gift card! 

Latest posts

Back