Fitness Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a friend of my wife's website, it has some really good meals in here if anyone is looking for ideas - Most of it is free to look around and get menu ideas - we have made several of these and even the teenagers ate them up..

Cause if your like us it gets old dealing with food every week for 5 people so if anything it has given us some healthier ideas

https://therealfoodrds.com/

This is a friend of my wife's website, it has some really good meals in here if anyone is looking for ideas - Most of it is free to look around and get menu ideas - we have made several of these and even the teenagers ate them up..

Cause if your like us it gets old dealing with food every week for 5 people so if anything it has given us some healthier ideas

https://therealfoodrds.com/
Thanks.  I've been trying to get back to prepping lunches and dinners, and they have a pretty extensive prep section.  

My wife was a RD before getting a Nursing degree - she hated the Dietician role, mainly cause she didn't feel like people who are overweight need to be told not to eat at McDonalds for a healthier life - But I wish she would do a website like this, she used to always be asked for menus and recipes but just couldn't do it for whatever reasons, I think it would be a good side hustle!  Her friend says she makes around $60K of that website above.

In other news we had our first day above 50 that I could remember since November so Iwent to the gym and did a 2 mile run, was windy as shit but felt good to feel some sun!

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife was a RD before getting a Nursing degree - she hated the Dietician role, mainly cause she didn't feel like people who are overweight need to be told not to eat at McDonalds for a healthier life - But I wish she would do a website like this, she used to always be asked for menus and recipes but just couldn't do it for whatever reasons, I think it would be a good side hustle!  Her friend says she makes around $60K of that website above.

In other news we had our first day above 50 that I could remember since November so Iwent to the gym and did a 2 mile run, was windy as shit but felt good to feel some sun!
that's heading our way.  We're warming up to the mid 40's today and they're predicting mid-50s towards the end of the week.

I tried to do some grilling and it kept blowing out the flame!  Going to have to build something around the grill so I can use the damn thing late winter / spring..

I actually did that with my smoker - it sits further in the backyard and I had to do that to keep the winds from blowing out the flames!

Well, next time I’m in CO I need to head to your house for some smoked goods. I’d take that over any restaurant food any day.

Figure out how to harness the wind, after all oxygen is one of the parts of the fire fuel triangle. My kids get a kick out of fanning campfires with paper plates, and making almost dead fires “come to life”.

Is that the wall that curves back towards you near the top?  Awesome!

that is pretty freaking awesome, next you will be doing rope climbs and throwing that in our faces!

We had to do a rope swing on Tuesday night and my brain knows that my body cannot be supported by my arms. Maybe someday, but Tuesday was barely that day. 

We had to do a rope swing on Tuesday night and my brain knows that my body cannot be supported by my arms. Maybe someday, but Tuesday was barely that day. 
Use your legs to help:

giphy.gif

When we did it in the army I believe it was mostly technique - I was  skinny kid whose upper body strength was gone due to the starvation process of basic training, but I recall you had to learn to wrap your legs around the rope so that the legs pushed you up? Would love to be able to remember how to do that! I am sure you will nail it.!

I've lost ten pounds since January. Twenty-four pounds since last June. 

And I made it up to the 10-ft warped wall at the gym last night! 
Awesome!!!

And I hear you on the arm strength thing. I climbed one tower, several years ago, and afterward said I’d never do it again. Legs were fine, but geesh my arms hurt for weeks after!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back