Expecting

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it'sgoing to be semi, make is a dual axle
semi_truck.jpg

not one ofthese wimpy single axles
priourown4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We decided a few months ago that we want the first name to end with an N because it goes well with Joseph, and it goes well with our last name. So, hubby likes Aiden, and I like Nathan. I'm not a fan of Aiden because it is SOOOO effing popular right now! Hubby doesn't like Nathan because our daughter's nickname is Kate... and he thinks it'd be weird to have a Kate and a Nate. I said I could live with Aiden if we started using AJ as a nickname early on. But, he doesn't like using initials as a nickname.
What about Benjamin? Nickname BJ? We have a BJ's Brewery here in town. It serves delicious sandwiches and pizza, and beer, I guess.

What about Benjamin? Nickname BJ? We have a BJ's Brewery here in town. It serves delicious sandwiches and pizza, and beer, I guess.
BJ, now there's a name all boys want to have. :rolleyes:

One of the things I always did when considering names was to look at the initials and consider nicknames that would not be good. There's a lot in a name.

I have been busy today at work... looking up possible names for my kid! :D

Anyway, I'd like some feedback on the following names... before I present my new list to hubby. Seriously, I want to know what kinds of messed up nicknames and teasing the kids on the playground will come up with... thanks!

Damian Joseph

Keegan Joseph

Calvin Joseph

And, our last name starts with S.

DO NOT go with Damian. My wife works with special ed kids and always talks about how the name Damian is WAY over represented in special ed (Im dead serious about this). If you want your kid to have an IQ higher than a crouton then go with one of the other ones.

Anyway, I'd like some feedback on the following names... before I present my new list to hubby. Seriously, I want to know what kinds of messed up nicknames and teasing the kids on the playground will come up with... thanks!

Damian Joseph

Keegan Joseph

Calvin Joseph

Oooooo...

...the last one shows a lot of promise, but may I suggest changing Joseph to Johnson? ;)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4...h&plindex=0

johnson.jpg

Damian Joseph

Keegan Joseph

Calvin Joseph

DJ, Dame, Deeja - Wasn't that one of the kid's nicknames on Full House? Granted kids today don't know what that show is...

KJ, Keg? - KJ Choi the golfer comes to mind - no other nicknames come to mind (or odd associations)

CJ, Cal - Knew a few CJ's growing up... Cal Ripken comes to mind...

Isn't Damien supposed to be the name of the anti-Christ :asthanos: ? If you're into that, go for it, but it would give me the heebie-jeebies!

Damian Joseph

Keegan Joseph

Calvin Joseph

What about Brandon Joseph? That sounds like a movie star's name.

Of course I personally prefer simple names, like John. But that's so 1950s. And with a name like Benbo, I'm not going to comment on the "Benjamin" controversy. Let's just say I traveled with a less creative crowd, because they never came up with the aforementioned nickname.

The only keegans I've ever met were girls

BOYS ending in N

Aidan, Alan, Alban, Alden, Alton, Alwyn, Arden, Ashton, Austin, Balin, Bannon, Baron, Bevan, Boston, Braden, Brandon, Brannon, Branson, Brendan, Brennan, Brenton, Britton, Brogan, Bronson, Bryson, Byron, Caden, Camden, Camron, Canton, Carson, Carsten, Cason, Chayton, Christian, Clayton, Clinton, Colin, Colman, Colton, Conan, Corbin, Corin, Crispin, Cullen, Dallin, Dalton, Damon, Darian, Davin, Dawson, Dayton, Deon, Devin, Devon, Dillion, Dillon, Dorian, Draven, Duncan, Dunstan, Dustin, Dylan, Eamon, Easton, Egan, Elden, Elkan, Elton, Emlyn, Ethan, Evan, Ewan, Faron, Galen, Gannon, Gavin, Glendon, Grayson, Griffin, Hayden, Holden, Jackson, Jaden, Jalen, Jaron, Javen, Jaxon, Jordan, Justin, Keaton, Keegan, Keenan, Kellen, Kelton, Kenton, Kenyon, Kian, Kieran, Kingston, Kylan, Landon, Larson, Lavin, Lawson, Layton, Logan, London, Lorcan, Mahlon, Marlon, Mason, Morgan, Nathan, Nolan, Owen, Paxton, Peyton, Quentin, Quinlan, Quinton, Riordan, Rohan, Ronan, Ryan, Rylan, Soren, Stetson, Talon, Tarian, Tevin, Tiernan, Timon, Tobin, Trenton, Trevin, Tristan, Tyson, Weston

Why stay with traditional names? Why not just cool sounding words?

Pelican, Alien, Munchkin, Pumpkin, Canadian, etc.

:joke:

I think we're now leaning towards Adrian Joseph... it seems to be the only name that we both like so far

How are things going for you guys? When's the due date?
We're doing OK. I keep hoping that my doc will put me on "limited activity" or something so I can quit working... no such luck so far. It just sucks that I'm Due date is April 13... I'm actually kinda liking the exam countdown clock this time around because I just add 2 days to it and that's how long I've got... approximately :D

My wife got put on bed rest on a friday, then the next monday when we went in to the dr., they told us she was 'done'. I thought I faintly heard a bell like the oven was done! She was 37 weeks at that point. Sounds like you have a ways to go to get to that point. Any more sleep eating, or has that problem been solved?

I'm at 34 weeks right now... the sleep eating went away on it's own... we still don't know what caused it.

I'm hoping to avoid bed rest... I'm not very good at sitting still... but I'm so sick of work. I feel like I'm using all of my "good hours" of the day at work... by the time I get home, I'm a tired, achy, irritable bitch :(

I am REALLY hoping that we make it to 37 weeks... obviously because I want the little guy to be as healthy as possible... but also because my MIL is coming to visit during my daughter's spring break in 2 weeks. She will be going home the day before I hit 37 weeks... and I don't want her here when the baby comes!!! She can come visit again a few weeks after he's born.

Back