Expecting

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You really don't think about miscarriages often because you assume that only happens to others. I have been amazed by how many couples that have experienced a miscarriage - it is actually a relatively common occurence despite our advances in medicine and knowledge of pre-natal care.
C-Dog, I am so sorry to hear about the miscarriage. Like DW, my wife and I found out we were pregnant about 6 weeks after having a miscarriage last year. So things will get better. That I know.

1 in 6 pregnancies end in miscarriage. That's how often it happens, so do not feel like it only happened to you. And you are right in believing something was amiss. That was the exact thinking my wife and I took.

Please know that you and your family are in our prayers.

ktulu

Some sad news on the C-Dog front. Mrs. C-Dog is having a miscarriage. Had some minor spotting late last week, then heavy bleeding last night. Went to the Drs today and it had no heart beat and they estimated it stopped growing at about 6 weeks by its size. Tonight was very hard on her with severe cramping and discharges. Tomorrow she goes to the Hospi for another check up and if it has not naturally cleared out, then will have a D & C performed.
Everything happens for the better good.

C-Dog, I am so sorry to hear about the miscarriage. Like DW, my wife and I found out we were pregnant about 6 weeks after having a miscarriage last year. So things will get better. That I know.
1 in 6 pregnancies end in miscarriage. That's how often it happens, so do not feel like it only happened to you. And you are right in believing something was amiss. That was the exact thinking my wife and I took.

Please know that you and your family are in our prayers.

ktulu
I am reading these posts and can identify myself with both of you. My wife had a miscarriage too. For coincidence, it was going to be our second child. At the time that happened to us 1 in 4 pregnacies ended in miscarriage. Will not go thru the details but as you said, C-D, everything happens for the better good. That is little consolation for you and your wife and I know it. But be strong and support your wife. She needs you. If you need to take days off do it. Do not let her be at home alone.

We are here for you my friend.

c-dog I'm really sorry to hear that. My thoughts go out to you and your wife.

My sincere condolences to you and Mrs. C-dog.

Sounds like you have a hopeful attitude and are coping well. I hope Mrs. C-dog is faring well also and we're praying for you guys as you go through this ordeal.

I'll second what FLBuff said: know that we are all here to listen, give advice, and listen to you rant.

Thanks for the well wishes. As far as things could go, they went pretty well, and Mrs. C-Dog is doing well, back to work today. Luckilly, she did not need to have a D&C procedure, since her body expelled everything on its own Monday night, with "relative minor cramping" (her words).

Thanks for the well wishes. As far as things could go, they went pretty well, and Mrs. C-Dog is doing well, back to work today. Luckilly, she did not need to have a D&C procedure, since her body expelled everything on its own Monday night, with "relative minor cramping" (her words).
Glad to hear that physically everything seems to have turned out ok. I hope the quick return to work was by choice and to keep her mind occupied. Sometimes the freakin' medial insurers throw people back on the streets too soon. She had a very traumatic experience, I hope she had the option of taking a couple of days to recover if she wanted.

Continued best wishes to you and the Mrs.

C-Dog, I was MIA most of last week and just read this post. I'm so sorry. That really sucks. My wife and I struggled through 3 miscarriages. 2 were D&C. The pregnancies would sustain until about the 8th or 9th week. No Dr.'s could give us any reasons. But, it led us to the family we have now.

What I'm saying is that I know it's hard. I know the disappointment. Not every situation is the same, but If your wife is interested, I can recommend an on-line support group that my wife particpated/participates in now called "SPALs - Surviving Pregnancy After Loss". It's a forum for people who need to talk to others who are going through the same thing. You'd be surprised at how many people have pregnancy loss, it's just not something that is discussed much and therefore when you go through it you can feel alienated. You are NOT alone.

Our thoughts are with you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
I, too, have been MIA for a while... congrats to FLBuff and ktulu! You both have beautiful little girls there!

C-Dog, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. All I can say is, don't try to "move on" too quickly. You and the wife need to give yourselves time to grieve.

Hey TX-

How about an update with you? Is everything still going well?

We go for her 1 week checkup tomorrow. I cannot believe how fast the time goes.

ktulu

^^^I agree. Where has the time gone? My daughter is now 13 days old, and is already well over her birth weight! Everything is goign well. She has started wking up more during the day, and seems to have grasped the concept of cry, and I get something (much to my dismay). Still miniBuff is a pretty good baby. Doctor is very pleased with how both miniBuff and wife are progressing. Good luck to all who are 'Expecting'!

C-Dog - been there. Done that. My heartfelt condolences. My wife was 33 weeks when we lost our son and was beyond a D & C. She had to go through childbirth. It was definitely the toughest thing that either of us have ever had to go through. I would recommend a support group. As much for you as your wife. I was able to see that other dads were going through the same things I was and it gave us both a lot of perspective.

It's been 14 years, but I think about him a lot, especially when I see 14 year old kids - but in the end I think the plan was for us to have just the one child.

Hey TX-
How about an update with you? Is everything still going well?

We go for her 1 week checkup tomorrow. I cannot believe how fast the time goes.

ktulu
I'm doing OK. I've got just under 8 weeks til my due date and we've got a TON of stuff to do/get! Our nursery is still set up as a guest room and we haven't picked a name yet. My friend is having a baby shower for me in 3 weeks, so we probably won't buy much more stuff until after that... and, we're still working on getting the in-laws to ship our crib (which has been stored in their attic since our daughter outgrew it). As for physically, we *think* the baby is head down, but my office won't do an ultrasound to confirm that until 2 weeks before my due date. I look like someone stuck a basketball under my shirt and it's getting really hard to move around. I started seeing a chiropractor a few weeks ago and that's helping my back some...

I was hoping to take a few weeks off before my due date... but the way my short-term disability works is that I have to be working up until my doc says I can't... and my doc is one of those crazy bitches who doesn't see any reason for a healthy woman to take any time off before she goes into labor! So, unless my health takes a turn for the worse, I'll probably go into labor while sitting in my cube... my boss has already assigned someone to drive me to the hospital, and another 2 people to get my car back to my house.

So, assuming all goes well, we will be having a baby boy *sometime* in April... due date is April 13... and I always assume +/- 2 weeks.

Good luck with everything, TX. Sounds like you're doing well enough for being 7 months pregnant.

glad to hear all is well TX!

we haven't picked a name yet
how about a nice engineering term like bernouli or something? :joke:

So, unless my health takes a turn for the worse, I'll probably go into labor while sitting in my cube...
I don't know about you, but I can pump my blood pressure up pretty easily when I want to, so next drs visit...

I don't know about you, but I can pump my blood pressure up pretty easily when I want to, so next drs visit...
I can get mine to go down pretty easily... freaks the nurses out when it sits at 80/50 with a pulse of 44 for a while... but short of some hard core exercise (which I just don't feel up to), I've never been able to make it go up

Back