EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update (We'll probably start Monday):

In: @BlueBlueprintPE , @ChebyshevII PE , @MeowMeow PE, @txjennah PE , @RBHeadge PE , @jean15paul_PE, @blybrook PE , @Dothracki PE , @squaretaper LIT AF PE , @NikR_PE , @beccabun PE , @steelnole15 , @Spitfire6532 , @chart94 , @EyehatethePEexam PE

We have 15 players so far, so that's good!

Out: @MadamPirate PE , @vhab49_PE

Appreciates invite but unconfirmed (let me know either way please): @Unintended Max P.E.

Dying from work: @JayKay PE

Will play or co-mod: @FlangeheadPEAZ

Last edited:
Update (We'll probably start Monday):

In: @BlueBlueprintPE , @ChebyshevII PE , @MeowMeow PE, @txjennah PE , @RBHeadge PE , @jean15paul_PE, @blybrook PE , @Dothracki PE , @squaretaper LIT AF PE , @NikR_PE , @beccabun PE , @steelnole15 , @Spitfire6532 , @chart94 , @EyehatethePEexam PE

We have 15 players so far, so that's good!

Out: @MadamPirate PE , @vhab49_PE

Appreciates invite but unconfirmed (let me know either way please): @Unintended Max P.E.

Dying from work: @JayKay PE

Will play or co-mod: @FlangeheadPEAZ
I don't play anymore.

Last edited:
Last call! The following players are in:

@BlueBlueprintPE , @ChebyshevII PE , @MeowMeow PE, @txjennah PE , @RBHeadge PE , @jean15paul_PE, @blybrook PE , @Dothracki PE , @squaretaper LIT AF PE , @NikR_PE , @beccabun PE , @steelnole15 , @Spitfire6532 , @chart94 , @EyehatethePEexam PE, @eng_girl95 , @FlangeheadPEAZ

We have 17 players. We'll start Monday and this will be a non or short narrative round, similar to @BlueBlueprintPE 's mod style. I enjoy writing, but don't have as much time to write next week as I normally would. If anyone else wants to join, let me know!

I will send roles over the weekend or Monday morning. @BlueBlueprintPE if you would kindly send me PMs with instructions you sent for roles (mafia, doc, cop and especially the Cassandra). A few notes:

1. We have 17 players, same as last round. We'll have the same roles as previous round.
2. I liked how @jean15paul_PE handled the Cassandra role the last round. I'm going to allow for similar verbage. The Cassandra must say, "______ is ______" with any words preceding or following as fair game. My only addition to the rule is the statement cannot end with a question mark (or a combination of a question/exclamation mark). It must be stated as fact ending with a period or exclamation if it comes at the end of a sentence.
3. The Cassandra may be townie or mafia, depending on how the roles land. Therefore, the Cassandra will be revealed to the cop as the "Cassandra", so the cop won't know if the Cassandra is Townie or Mafia.
4. Because of #3, the cop will get an extra investigation, so 6 investigations this round instead of 5.
5. This will be a non-PM round like last round. Only the mafia are allowed to PM each other.

If there are no objections/red flags/concerns, I'll lock teams by this weekend and send roles out.

Therefore, the Cassandra will be revealed to the cop as the "Cassandra", so the cop won't know if the Cassandra is Townie or Mafia.
If the cop investigated Cassandra BEFORE the Cassandra was triggered, would that person be revealed as Cassandra then? Or would they be revealed as normal townie/not normal townie until the trigger?

I will send roles over the weekend or Monday morning. @BlueBlueprintPE if you would kindly send me PMs with instructions you sent for roles (mafia, doc, cop and especially the Cassandra). A few notes:

1. We have 17 players, same as last round. We'll have the same roles as previous round.
Let's hope we don't have the same roles as the previous round. It'd be a record setting pace.

Best mix it up a bit.

Looking forward to another round.

Welcome to another DLD round of Mafia with 17 players.

There are town members and mafia. Townies must try to find and eliminate the mafia with extreme prejudice before they are eliminated. The game ends when either all of the Mafia is eliminated (town wins), or there are fewer townsfolk than Mafia members (Mafia wins).

The game will start Monday, March 7, 2022. Lynching will be allowed on the first day. Mafia can lynch the first night.

The Mafia members are going to privately tell me who they would like to eliminate during the night. I will reveal to everyone what happened the next morning with some mediocre storytelling. There is a very high possibility that the lynching and night kill will be combined into one story blurb the following day, depending on my schedule.

During the day, everybody (townsfolk and Mafia) will publicly vote for a person to eliminate; I will eliminate the person with the most votes at the end of the day and reveal what their role was. If the narrative is being posted the next morning, I will reveal the lynched person's role before the night kill.

In the event the game extends to the weekend, the game will be in extended night phase starting Friday night and resuming the Monday morning.

In addition to regular townsfolk and members of the Mafia, there is also a Doctor and a Cop. The Doctor can choose someone to “save” during the night; if they choose the same person the Mafia chose, then that player will escape elimination by the Mafia that night. The Cop can “investigate” one player each day.

The Mafia members know who each other are, but no one knows anyone else’s role except me. I will send more specific instructions to the members of the Mafia, the Doctor, and the Cop. If you do not receive a PM from me, then you are a regular townsfolk/townie.

BY POPULAR DEMAND, THE CASSANDRA IS IN PLAY AGAIN! The Cassandra player does not know they have this role until a trigger occurs in the game and/or thread. A trigger could be reaching a certain page number or by player actions in the thread (like ghost votes, triple posts, etc.). The trigger is picked before the game begins. The Cassandra can be either mafia or townie alignment and once triggered, they will receive a special PM that explains their new role.

The Cassandra is similar to the investigator, where they will find out information about a player (i.e., what their role is), but they do not have a choice on who the information is about. The information will come to them as a vision (overnight PM) every night until end of game and/or they are killed. Unlike the investigators, the Cassandra MUST share their information with the thread. If they do not reveal their information, they will automatically be lynched that evening by the townies whether they are voted for or not. This will override all voting blocks.

To vote on a person to eliminate, mention me @DLD PE and tell me specifically that 1) you are voting and 2) the username of the person you are voting to eliminate.

Example: @DLD PE I vote for @jean15paul_PE because he made fun of my sausage gumbo.

Please submit your votes in this thread by 9:00 PM EST/8:00 PM Central/7:00 PM Mountain/6:00 PM Pacific Time/Whatever Roar and Bly-time.

A couple of rules:

1) You may use this thread to vote and post about the game
2) Anyone who is an active participant in the game can use this thread to speculate, discuss, accuse, or otherwise participate in the game; just please make sure to follow regular EB forum guidelines.
3) Your vote only counts if you are playing and not yet eliminated.
4) If there is a tie for most votes, I will either ask for 10 rounds of RPS or use a randomizer in a best of 3 round.
5) EB PMing is not allowed this round. This eliminates the 'if you miss 2 days in a row, it's a vote for yourself' rule. I assume if you are unable to PM you must participate in some manner if you are a townie to prevent being killed.
6) All votes via PM will not count unless they are specifically for Mafia/Doc/Cop actions.
7) Votes submitted after the deadline will count towards the following day.
8) You are not allowed to reveal your role, privately or publicly, after you have been eliminated. You may not post screengrabs of private messages in this thread.
9) Please keep all trash talk in the thread and don’t take things too seriously!

Roles will be sent out shortly.

For reference, the players this round are:

@BlueBlueprintPE , @ChebyshevII PE , @MeowMeow PE , @txjennah PE , @RBHeadge PE , @jean15paul_PE , @blybrook PE , @Dothracki PE , @squaretaper LIT AF PE , @NikR_PE , @beccabun PE , @steelnole15 , @Spitfire6532 , @chart94 , @EyehatethePEexam PE , @eng_girl95 , @FlangeheadPEAZ

Back