EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rice cake with peanut butter (Or almond butter, or whatever)? My go to is almonds, and banana chips, which I have a small pile of 2 meals a day.... Or apple/fruit snack at work. 

Side note: MANGOES ARE THE BEST. Lychee is 2nd best. Nectarines are pretty darn good though.
I feel like rice cakes are a ton of carbs, but I might do a slice of killer bread and that might work.  Ever since I stopped the challenge last week I feel like I've just been eating and eating and eating, and I need to get back into the 'smaller portions/smaller meals' mindset again.

I LOVE UNSALTED ALMONDS @ChebyshevII PE, but they're kinda expensive?  I might track down my bag of walnuts...?  As for avocados...I am terrified of opening them/I'm going to cut my hand off.

I LOVE UNSALTED ALMONDS @ChebyshevII PE, but they're kinda expensive?  I might track down my bag of walnuts...?  As for avocados...I am terrified of opening them/I'm going to cut my hand off.
Ah yes, walnuts! Forgot about those. Also a good option.

You get used to cutting up avocados, you just slice them in half, dig out the pit, then use a spoon to eat the fruit out of each half.

I’m not particularly good at remembering costs for food, Mrs. Cheb usually takes care of the grocery shopping. 😬

I was going to, but someone actually messaged me on reddit about an apartment that they signed a year lease on (but they just got a job on the east coast, so they're trying to find someone to take over when they leave mid-September).  It's a little smaller than I wanted, but the layout fits with the size and the kitchen looks good if I get a butcher block.  It's within walking distance of the main 'downtown' without being in the really loud/ultra expensive areas, the two gyms I've been eyeing are pretty equidistance from here, and it's only 2-miles from work.  I mean, I could do airbnb, but this seems like a kinda good thing to fall into my lap? 

They told me there are only 12 tenants in the building, so the laundry room literally looks like the picture, and the landlord seems really responsive (based on what they said). *And they just told me I'd be on the top floor, so, THANK BE TO GOD, no children running around above me when I'm trying to sleep*

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/apa/d/indianapolis-1-bedroom-1-bathroom-in/6961281869.html

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thoughts?
As a resident of Hawaii: 
SF1IzaP.jpg

And I am very jealous of what you get for that price.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a resident of Hawaii: 
SF1IzaP.jpg

And I am very jealous of what you get for that price.
Literally, this would be like $1800+ where I am now, and wouldn't have parking/none of the utilities would be included.  I am so confused by price points in Indianapolis.  I think they're joking half the time when they're like, "Rent this house for $500!"

The price seems a bit steep based on what I'd expect for Indy. Have you had a quick look at prices for nearby comparable commercial apartment complexes?

It'd be a bargin in my part of the world though.
I think the price is going to be higher since it's close to Mass Ave, which is the main 'downtown' for Indy with all the restaurants/events/etc.  I have been looking at apartments around there and they're around $1100 starting + parking (around $100) + all utilities.  If I was looking for something with a washer/dryer, it either pushes me into the boonies and increases my commute (which I want to avoid at all costs if possible since I def think my long commute is why I burned out here in NYC) or the rent goes up to something like $1350+parking+utilities.  It's my own fault for wanting to be close to a city-feeling while I'm here, since I hear it's very...dull once you get around 15-20 minutes from Mass Ave, where everything gets very suburban very fast.

Back