EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, I'm not "all seeing" in this game. So can someone please explain how @txjennah PE got 'made' a few days ago.

And how did @ChebyshevII PE survive so long?  I sorta get what happened on day 2. But he should have been ded on day 3, and super ded yesterday? Was there some social engineering going on in the pms?
I think I can get the story posted, give me a sec...

Alright, I'm not "all seeing" in this game. So can someone please explain how @txjennah PE got 'made' a few days ago.

And how did @ChebyshevII PE survive so long?  I sorta get what happened on day 2. But he should have been ded on day 3, and super ded yesterday? Was there some social engineering going on in the pms?
yes.

i asked jennah if she would consider swapping votes and she read it and didnt respond then pretended she didnt see it etc etc. that's how i made her. 

and i set cheb up to tell me he was the doc.

i'm a failure. 

Don't get me wrong, @ChebyshevII PE played a great game. I know it was a coincidence, but the mafia basically nightkilled everyone in the best order possible. And the timing of the assassination orders was usually in the most ironic way possible given what the doctor or cop did.

audi didnt even show up today so it would have been a cointoss at best

Ok. My side of the story...

Short version: @tj_PE, and to a lesser extent, @PeeWee, were the key to my victory.

Long version:

I’ve always been pretty good at hiding my role, even if I was not Mafia, in past games. So it was pretty natural for me to play the game like I normally would without suspicion.

Knowing that EB would tell on me if I was using my PMs, I made sure to stay off it as much as possible, and asked @RBHeadge PE who I wanted lynched first thing in the morning. I also gave him a backup in case my primary target was taken out by lynching during the day.

The night @txjennah PE was lynched, I decided not to shift my vote, as that would potentially give me away, especially since she was likely to die no matter what.

In the days to follow, I attempted to act like I knew very little about other people’s roles. Several people suspected me throughout, so I did what I could to not retaliate too much more often than normal. I also truly was busy with work this week, so I had an excuse to keep quiet; I even logged off occasionally and kept the game thread open anonymously so I could monitor people’s conversations.

Friday was the game changer. First off, I cast shade at @NikR; I was already a suspect, so I was scratching my head as to how to proceed. Then, @PeeWee got involved and posted I might be the doctor; this told me I was investigated (and so was @vhab49_PE), provided they were telling the truth. I was a little upset at first, but then realized he also said, “all the other townies who were investigated are now dead.” That told me that the cop potentially had used all their investigations. I kept that in my back pocket. Later, @tj_PE PM’s me and asks, “are you the doctor?”

I had a choice to make at this point: do I say yes and bank on her not knowing who the doc really was (or having been the doc herself), or say no and have her doubt me based on @PeeWee’s statements. I saw the first part of the message, but didn’t open it, so she wouldn’t think I read it and was stalling. I logged off, and thought about how to respond for a few hours.

In the end, I decided to risk it and say I was the doc, and to tell her I would save her that night. Apparently, her response told me she didn’t know the real doc, and it was possible that I got them already. She informed me she was talking to @NikR and was trying to get him to change his vote. Not having changed his mind, she turned on him, saving me from lynching.

I had originally planned on eliminating her that night, but switched to @vhab49_PE instead.

At this point, I needed the following things to occur:

@NikR was not revealed to be the doc, thereby blowing my cover

@vhab49_PE was not saved by the doctor, thereby blowing my cover

@tj_PE continue to believe me when I claimed that I believed @Audi driver, P.E. was the remaining Mafia member.

Everything went according to plan. So in essence, I was successfully able to slip under the radar by not appearing to act differently this game, I got lucky with @tj_PE having reached out to me, and I took a series of calculated risks. It paid off.

The only thing I didn’t account for was how I’m going to rebuild trust, especially with @tj_PE, after this. (I’m sorry for deceiving you, and hope we can still be friends)

i've turned on everybody i have trusted in this game, or they've betrayed me so idk i might need to take a couple weeks off

also the SE is in less than 3 weeks and i gotta get it done. 

I'm confused. After the last lynching it was down to Cheby (mafia) and TJ (townie). Mafia gets a kill at night, so shouldn't Cheby have off'd TJ for the win?

I thought it was a coinflip only if the numbers are tied for a day vote?

@RBHeadge PE

Last edited by a moderator:
Back