EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'all won't miss me. Heck, y'all played without me even when I was playn'!
i always miss you

giphy.gif

i've turned on everybody i have trusted in this game, or they've betrayed me so idk i might need to take a couple weeks off

also the SE is in less than 3 weeks and i gotta get it done. 
Good luck tj! Crush it!

The mafia (@ChebyshevII PE) wins!

That's three in a row for the bad guys.
Nicely done and congrats @ChebyshevII PE. Looks like I missed a firecracker game. I am damn busy though, so it's definitely for the best.

Looking forward to the next time you can join us.

Side note, what is it about this time period and everyone getting so busy? Does it have to do with furlough season?
My guess: Winter [Holiday Season] is coming. Everyone trying to wrap things up before that?

Disclaimer: I haven't watched any GoT yet.

Side note, what is it about this time period and everyone getting so busy? Does it have to do with furlough season?
I'm going on vacation for a week will have limited internet.

I scheduled it around a holiday weekend that straddled pay periods, and during low-tourist season with acceptable weather. The fact that it was also when we might have been furloughed again is only a partial coincidence.

yep, new codes some states are adopting soon, getting in before that deadline, wanting to be done by end of year and also have a holiday therefore pre xmas, and construction season in the spring so if you back calculate permits and all that shit you gotta get done soon to start construction in april.

Just random for me. Although it is calendar related. 2019 products are already shipping and being installed. Trying to release a new version before 2020 sales. (I'm in new product development for my company.)

In my field of work, we don’t really have a “busy season,” per se...we have years that are busier than others. Depending on the customers/jobs we get, we may be insanely busy the whole year because each customer wants their stuff done by dates that stagger across.

I’m currently tied up in a project that needs to be done by thanksgiving ish, one that needs to be done by Christmas, and one that will need to be ready by late spring. They’re huge projects, too.

One of our big clients fiscal year ends in October, so they look at the budget in August/September, and start throwing EOY money at us.  Good for the company, stressful for the employees. We have gotten enough work to keep most of our staff busy through the end of the month, not counting the work we already had to keep us busy through the end of the month.  😐

One of our big clients fiscal year ends in October, so they look at the budget in August/September, and start throwing EOY money at us.  Good for the company, stressful for the employees. We have gotten enough work to keep most of our staff busy through the end of the month, not counting the work we already had to keep us busy through the end of the month.  😐
I feel ya. We’re in a similar boat.

Back