EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Octopushy!"

Preface:

In a small desert town in the middle of nowhere, a gathering of hopeful athletes begin to arrive at the formerly abandoned public swimming pool, in hopes to qualify for the U.S. Olympic Underwater Hockey Team. Underwater hockey, also known as "octopush", has gained traction in recent years, and the Olympic Committee has deemed it worthy of choosing the sport as an exhibition game.

Meanwhile, @tj_PE of "Kilo-Jule Estates", has made a killing flipping abandoned properties, but her current town is struggling. She decides this underwater hockey thing might be a worthy investment. Apparently, due to lack of funding, public interest, willing participants, or all the above, the sport has not made much headway in the U.S. @tj_PE figures this might be a worthy gamble, and using the inexpensive site to assemble a worthy team might be just the thing to put this town on the map.

With limited funds, @tj_PE hires @blybrook PE to oversee the pool renovation and octopush team trials. There are rumors of drug "pushers" (mafia) in the town would love to put an end to this "silly underwater" business and eliminate the whole thing altogether so they can use the dilapidated pool as a traffic hub so they can do some "pushing" of their own.

The swimmers with their fins, snorkels and sticks (pushers) start to trickle into the town and pool complex. @tj_PE wonders if this was a good idea....

For reference:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underwater_hockey

Last edited:
Man this is going to be a wild round. I just read through the rules and I'm probably going to have to read through them again to make sure I got all that.

Man this is going to be a wild round. I just read through the rules and I'm probably going to have to read through them again to make sure I got all that.
It's basically the same as last round. Oh wait, you didn't play did you? Yeah it was wild! No PMs (except mafia reporting to me with whom they vote for the night kill) and one doctor/cop per side.

All roles have been sent out now.

"Octopushy!"

Preface:

In a small desert town in the middle of nowhere, a gathering of hopeful athletes begin to arrive at the formerly abandoned public swimming pool, in hopes to qualify for the U.S. Olympic Underwater Hockey Team. Underwater hockey, also known as "octopush", has gained traction in recent years, and the Olympic Committee has deemed it worthy of choosing the sport as an exhibition game.

Meanwhile, @tj_PE of "Kilo-Jule Estates", has made a killing flipping abandoned properties, but her current town is struggling. She decides this underwater hockey thing might be a worthy investment. Apparently, due to lack of funding, public interest, willing participants, or all the above, the sport has not made much headway in the U.S. @tj_PE figures this might be a worthy gamble, and using the inexpensive site to assemble a worthy team might be just the thing to put this town on the map.

With limited funds, @tj_PE hires @blybrook PE to oversee the pool renovation and octopush team trials. There are rumors of drug "pushers" (mafia) in the town would love to put an end to this "silly underwater" business and eliminate the whole thing altogether so they can use the dilapidated pool as a traffic hub so they can do some "pushing" of their own.

The swimmers with their fins, snorkels and sticks (pushers) start to trickle into the town and pool complex. @tj_PE wonders if this was a good idea....

For reference:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underwater_hockey
Lot of puns. Seems like the Father's day edition.

"The Riddle of the Octopus":

Each player gets one chance to PM me (just say you want to solve the riddle) and tell me who you think has the octopus.

There are 5 buildings of different structures in order from left to right (first to last). Each building has a tenant who enjoys playing a certain board game, has a favorite candy and own a certain pet. None of the tenants enjoy the same game, same candy or have the same pet.

The question is, "Who owns the octopus?"

Hints:
  • @blybrook PE stays at the pool's clubhouse.
  • @JayKay PE has a pet llama.
  • @tj_PE likes to play Battleship.
  • The hotel is to the left of the log cabin.
  • The tenant who stays at the hotel likes to play Monopoly.
  • The tenant who likes Baby Ruth candy bars has a grey parrot.
  • The tenant staying at the cottage likes Butterfinger.
  • The tenant in the center house likes to play Clue.
  • @RBHeadge PE is staying at the cottage, which is the first house on the far left.
  • The tenant who loves Snickers is staying next to the tenant who has a Cheshire Cat.
  • The tenant who owns a Great Dane is staying next to the tenant who likes Butterfinger.
  • The tenant who likes Hershey bars plays checkers.
  • @MadamPirate PE likes PayDay candy bars.
  • @RBHeadge PE lives next to the old Victorian house.
  • The tenant who likes Snickers lives next to the tenant who plays chess.

Whoever solves the riddle first gets a bullet-proof vest. If that player is targeted, (whether for lynch or night-kill), that player survives. The vest falls off, and the player becomes vulnerable from then on. This basically gives the player a "second chance." The winner/owner of the bullet-proof vest will not be made public.

Note: The names mentioned in the riddle are random. In other words, they only apply to this riddle (not part of the story line or in-game characters).

"The Riddle of the Octopus":

Each player gets one chance to PM me (just say you want to solve the riddle) and tell me who you think has the octopus.

There are 5 buildings of different structures in order from left to right (first to last). Each building has a tenant who enjoys playing a certain board game, has a favorite candy and own a certain pet. None of the tenants enjoy the same game, same candy or have the same pet.

The question is, "Who owns the octopus?"

Hints:
  • @blybrook PE stays at the pool's clubhouse.
  • @JayKay PE has a pet llama.
  • @tj_PE likes to play Battleship.
  • The hotel is to the left of the log cabin.
  • The tenant who stays at the hotel likes to play Monopoly.
  • The tenant who likes Baby Ruth candy bars has a grey parrot.
  • The tenant staying at the cottage likes Butterfinger.
  • The tenant in the center house likes to play Clue.
  • @RBHeadge PE is staying at the cottage, which is the first house on the far left.
  • The tenant who loves Snickers is staying next to the tenant who has a Cheshire Cat.
  • The tenant who owns a Great Dane is staying next to the tenant who likes Butterfinger.
  • The tenant who likes Hershey bars plays checkers.
  • @MadamPirate PE likes PayDay candy bars.
  • @RBHeadge PE lives next to the old Victorian house.
  • The tenant who likes Snickers lives next to the tenant who plays chess.

Whoever solves the riddle first gets a bullet-proof vest. If that player is targeted, (whether for lynch or night-kill), that player survives. The vest falls off, and the player becomes vulnerable from then on. This basically gives the player a "second chance." The winner/owner of the bullet-proof vest will not be made public.

Note: The names mentioned in the riddle are random. In other words, they only apply to this riddle (not part of the story line or in-game characters).
HOMAHGAWD LOGIC PUZZLE ON STEROIDS I LOVE THESE

UPDATE! The riddle of the octopus has been solved. Only the person who solved it knows their identity. They will survive one targeting, as mentioned earlier.

Those who still want to solve it for funsies may still submit their answer to me if they wish. I will post the solution at the end of the round.

@JayKay PE I vote for @JayKay PE because llama owners are suspicious
sad-llama.jpg

Actually I'd like to make an announcement
@DuranDuran
@JayKay PE
@RBHeadge PE
@MadamPirate PE
@txjennah PE
@ChebyshevII PE
@SaltySteve PE
@Dothracki PE
@NikR_PE
@squaretaper LIT AF PE
@beccabun PE

DRUMROLLLLLLLLLL
I'm mafia. Not doc or investigator, just plain ole mafia...

Except I have a bulletproof vest on!

Now, those of you who are townies (or want to pretend to be :devilish:) have a decision to make.. and I don't think there will be any indication of who is aligned with who because there are two ways to go about it.
1. Vote for me, then vote for me again (guaranteed 2 days of lynch kills to actually get me).. that sounds like not a super great plan because that gives maf a chance to get ahead with night kills.
1. Vote randomly for someone else, hoping they're at least mafia, but best case they're maf doc or cop. Also not a great plan because townie win condition is pretty fragile.

You can justify either course from either side, so good luck deciphering who's what based on comments and votes.

Latest posts

Back