EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May I use you as a NPC if needed?
Go ahead.

I can still play if we need more numbers.

I can easily play Mon-Thr(-ish). But after that travelling and will be 5 hours ahead and won't be able to really focus on the game. I'm usually dead by day 4 so it might not matter anyway ;)

Ok so far for next week I have the following players:
@beccabun PE
@SaltySteve PE
@squaretaper LIT AF PE
@Dothracki PE
@NikR_PE
@txjennah PE
@djl PE
@MadamPirate PE

Anyone else? @harshaPEAZ , @Unintended Max P.E. , @ChebyshevII PE , @JayKay PE , @Roarbark , @blybrook PE , @BlueBlueprint_PE , @vhab49_PE, @LyceeFruit PE ?

Also, @tj_PE , @tj_PE , and @tj_PE ?

And anyone else I'm forgetting at the moment. Looking to start sometime next week, Monday-Wednesday depending on how busy I'll be over this weekend.
I think I am out this week due to amount of workload... I probably will miss voting on days so I am out this one... I will regret it later when I see the conversations here I know lol

@beccabun PE
@SaltySteve PE
@squaretaper LIT AF PE
@Dothracki PE
@NikR_PE
@txjennah PE
@djl PE
@MadamPirate PE

Anyone else? @harshaPEAZ , @Unintended Max P.E. , @ChebyshevII PE , @JayKay PE , @Roarbark , @blybrook PE , @BlueBlueprint_PE , @vhab49_PE, @LyceeFruit PE ?

And anyone else I'm forgetting at the moment. Looking to start sometime next week, Monday-Wednesday depending on how busy I'll be over this weekend.
Despite not being asked, I'm out for the foreseeable future. Work is nuts.

I
@beccabun PE
@SaltySteve PE
@squaretaper LIT AF PE
@Dothracki PE
@NikR_PE
@txjennah PE
@djl PE
@MadamPirate PE

I’ll play!

@DuranDuran could make that happen if he hasn't assigned roles yet.
@JayKay PE, you're in!

I was trying to come up with a balanced game with 10 players, but having some difficulty. 11 players fits better with what I was trying to come with.

I will try to send rules/roles out soon. Stay tuned!

Welcome to “Octopushy”! round of Mafia with 11 players.

There are town members and mafia. Townies must try to find and eliminate the mafia with extreme prejudice before they are eliminated. The game ends when either all of the Mafia is eliminated (town wins), or there are fewer townsfolk than Mafia members (Mafia wins).

The game will start today, Monday June 21, 2021. Lynching will be allowed on the first day. Mafia can lynch the first night. In the event the game extends to the weekend, the game will be in extended night phase starting Friday night and resuming the Monday morning.

All players in this game will be PM'd with their role (mafia or townie). In this round, mafia players do not know who the other mafia players are, and to account for this, the groups have been split as close to 50:50 as possible. Townies, once PM'd, will no longer use the PM during the round (unless they want to just chat, which I'm totes down for).

During the day, everybody (townsfolk and Mafia) will publicly vote for a person to eliminate; I will eliminate the person with the most votes at the end of the day and reveal what their role was. If the narrative is being posted the next morning, I will reveal the lynched person's affiliation and/or role before the night kill.

The Mafia members are each separately going to privately tell me via PM who they would like to eliminate during the night. As none of the mafia members will be in the same PM to concur on who is being night-killed, the 'blind majority' is who will be night killed. If there is a tie, nobody will die during the night.

In addition to regular townsfolk and members of the Mafia, there are also Doctors and Investigators. There will be a doctor and investigator assigned to each faction.

The doctors can choose someone to 'save', which means a mafia-aligned doctor may save a townie by mistake, or vice versa. Doctors have an unlimited amount of saves and I am changing the rules to allow them to save the same person multiple times in a row, if they like. A townie doctor will be able to save someone overnight from a mafia hit. A mafia doctor will be able to save someone from the townie lynch. A doctor is not required to save someone if they do not want to.

Investigators are similar to the previous Cop role, but there is now a mafia investigator. Once a day, a player can be investigated to find if their alignment is the same as the investigator. So if a townie investigator investigated a townie they would get 'same alignment' but if they investigated a mafia player (doctor or another investigator or a regular mafia) the result would be 'different alignment'. Investigators have a set number of investigations that can be completed.

THERE IS A NEW ELEMENT THIS GAME: One person will receive a "bulletproof vest" if they solve the riddle of the octopus. That person will survive once if targeted. Then the vest falls off and that person will be vulnerable again. The riddle will be revealed later.

To vote on a person to eliminate, mention me @DuranDuran and tell me specifically that 1) you are voting and 2) the username of the person you are voting to eliminate.

Example: @DuranDuran I vote for @BlueBlueprint_PE because there are too many blues in their name

Please submit your votes in this thread by 9:00 PM EST/8:00 PM Central/7:00 PM Mountain/6:00 PM Pacific Time/Whatever Roar and Bly-time.

A couple of rules:

1) You may use this thread to vote and post about the game
2) Anyone who is an active participant in the game can use this thread to speculate, discuss, accuse, or otherwise participate in the game; just please make sure to follow regular EB forum guidelines.
3) Your vote only counts if you are playing and not yet eliminated.
4) If there is a tie for most votes, I will either ask for 10 rounds of RPS or use a randomizer in a best of 10 round.
5) EB PMing is not allowed this round. This eliminates the 'if you miss 2 days in a row, it's a vote for yourself' rule. I assume if you are unable to PM you must participate in some manner if you are a townie to prevent being killed.
6) All votes via PM will not count unless they are specifically for Mafia actions.
7) Votes submitted after the deadline will count towards the following day.
8) You are not allowed to reveal your role, privately or publicly, after you have been eliminated. You may not post screengrabs of private messages in this thread.
9) Please keep all trash talk in the thread and don’t take things too seriously!

This is a totally new way of playing this game, so please feel free to ask questions in the thread!

Current players this round: @beccabun PE , @SaltySteve PE , @squaretaper LIT AF PE , @Dothracki PE , @NikR_PE , @txjennah PE , @djl PE , @MadamPirate PE , @RBHeadge PE , @ChebyshevII PE , and @JayKay PE .

Roles will be sent soon along with story preface.

Last edited:
Back