EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THERE IS A NEW ROLE THIS GAME: THE CASSANDRA! The Cassandra player does not know they have this role until a trigger occurs in the game and/or thread. A trigger could be reaching a certain page number or by player actions in the thread (like ghost votes, triple posts, etc.). The trigger is picked before the game begins. The Cassandra can be either mafia or townie alignment and once triggered, they will receive a special PM that explains their new role. The Cassandra is similar to the investigator, where they will find out another players alignment, but they cannot chose the player. The other player's alignment will come to them as a vision (overnight PM) every night until end of game and/or they are killed. Unlike the investigators, the Cassandra MUST share their information with the thread. If they do not reveal their information, they will automatically be lynched that evening by the townies whether they are voted for or not. This will override all voting blocks.
Additional strategic thought...
Last round with the sleeper the town would not want the trigger activated (and the mafia would) because that took someone away from the town and added them to the mafia.

This time I think both the town and the mafia(?) want to activate the cassandra because they will be a source of public info. I'm thinking that info helps both sides. So activating the cassandra helps both sides equally(?).... they would have the effect of reducing the randomness/chaos by providing everyone with useful intel.

Last round with the sleeper the town would not want the trigger activated (and the mafia would) because that took someone away from the town and added them to the mafia.

This time I think both the town and the mafia(?) want to activate the cassandra because they will be a source of public info. I'm thinking that info helps both sides. So activating the cassandra helps both sides equally(?).... they would have the effect of reducing the randomness/chaos by providing everyone with useful intel.
Yes.... This logic is true.... But how to activate this player?? Spam? haha

That’s kinda why I made the role as a mini-info dump. Of course, you guys have to trigger it.

Back