EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay. I am super super slammed at work all of a sudden (ELT is breathing down my neck for an upgrade that affects like four departments that needs to be done now and I have a contractor being a dick about exterior staircases and how they're not responsible for the concrete pad).

During the night, a scream pierces the air, cut off abruptly by the sound of gurgles and a thump. In the morning, it is discovered that @beccabun PE was killed by the mafia. @beccabun PE was, hilariously, confirmed to be mafia yet again. mafia4lyfe, even in death.

Remaining players: @NikR_PE, @RBHeadge PE, @MadamPirate PE, @EyehatethePEexam PE, @jean15paul_PE, @vhab49_PE, @DuranDuran, @djl, @harshaPEAZ, @Dothracki PE, @txjennah PE, @BlueBlueprint_PE, and @ChebyshevII PE

Add it to the official rule list
That's right, I'm always mafia....

unless I'm the doctor who makes 2 saves in a row!
izcOK4m.gif

So, we've eliminated one mafia and one townie- usually that's the best you can hope for on day one...albeit never seen both eliminated by their own faction. I like it. ANARCHY!!!

So, we've eliminated one mafia and one townie- usually that's the best you can hope for on day one...albeit never seen both eliminated by their own faction. I like it. ANARCHY!!!
Well, we don't know for sure that townies eliminated their own, since we don't know who townie/mafia. All those votes could have been mafioso.

alright, theres going to have to be a change in collective strategy if we want this game to be anything more than random shooting. I'll give the thread some information.

I am a vanilla townie.

Ordinarily, I don't state my alignment in the thread, but this isn't an ordinary round, and the game mechanics forces me to change some of my underlying "rules of play". I however won't change my "clean" playstyle regardless of the ruleset.

FWIW, if I were mafia then I would have declared it above.

The underlying game rules sort of dispatch with the evil wolves vs good town mantra. And things are more in line with team A vs team B. My fellow teammates need something to work with to figure out who is us or who is them.

Now, as a townie, I am putting myself out there to get nightkilled. The mafia would want to take out a known townie. But I'm making the assumption that the town doctor trusts my declaration and will protect me tonight. And even if s/he doesn't protect me, do the mafia want to risk targeting me knowing that it likely won't work? They'd have better WPA value with a random kill.

Back