EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I...do not know how I feel about thwarting RBH's analytical mind, but uneasy comes to mind. Figure we'll try it out and see what happens.

I want to say win criteria = total elimination of the other faction, since there is no way for other players to know each other except by using thread info, but I want to see how the first few days play out, and I might modify the rules based on how it goes. This is a very weird format, but I wanted to try something new!
Logically I think I agree with win criteria being eliminating all of the other faction.

In our standard game the town wins with total elimination of the unknown mafia. The mafia wins with having more (or equal) mafia to townie. The logic being that the town has the eliminate all the mafia because since they are unknown even one can cause problems for the town. But the mafia only has to outnumber the town because once they do they could reveal themselves and control the day votes, so no reason to continue at that point.

Since both factions are unknown, they can't easily vote together. It seems like you'd have to have complete elimination win.

Another question: What data will we receive. Do we still find out faction alliance with a day kill? ... do we find out anything with a nightkill? (I assume not.) So we have no way of knowing how many players on each side once people start dying. That's going to be confusing. I wish there was someway to keep score.

Last edited:
Logically I think I agree with win criteria being eliminating all of the other faction.

In our standard game the town wins with total elimination of the unknown mafia. The mafia wins with having more (or equal) mafia to townie. The logic being that the town has the eliminate all the mafia because since they are unknown even one can cause problems for the town. But the mafia only has to outnumber the town because once they do they could reveal themselves and control the day votes, so no reason to continue at that point.

Since both factions are unknown and neither can easily vote together, it seems like you'd have to have complete elimination win.

Another question: What data will we receive. Do we still find out faction alliance with a day kill? ... do we find out anything with a nightkill? (I assume not.) So we have no way of knowing how many players on each side once people start dying. That's going to be confusing. I wish there was someway to keep score.
@JayKay PE I vote for @jean15paul_PE for making my head hurt reading that.

Since both factions are unknown and neither CAN'T easily vote together, it seems like you'd have to have complete elimination win.

I think the goal is complete elimination. A known factor for 'counts' is that the game is split 50:50 as much as possible (there might be an extra townie or extra mafia, as determined by a randomizer for the odd-numbered players). So there are at least 7 players of each faction.

I think to make it a little more 'transparent', I will reveal affiliation for both lynch and night kill, since the mafia could potentially kill one of their own since it is blind majority.

i have no idea what's happening. i'm in vacation mode. i just know i'm a reg townie this round. @JayKay PE I vote for @JayKay PE for voting for me in the game rules.... oh wait .... jk

@JayKay PE I vote for @EyehatethePEexam PE for not being on the thread today and because I have nothing to go off of today.

Hey everyone! Hopefully I'll join in the next round. Intriguing variations on a theme we've got going with this ruleset.

I have successfully moved in to my new condo/handed over the old keys to my rental room, and my long inspection hours should be ending today or tomorrow at latest :)

Miss you all/hope you're doing well!

I think the goal is complete elimination. A known factor for 'counts' is that the game is split 50:50 as much as possible (there might be an extra townie or extra mafia, as determined by a randomizer for the odd-numbered players). So there are at least 7 players of each faction.

I think to make it a little more 'transparent', I will reveal affiliation for both lynch and night kill, since the mafia could potentially kill one of their own since it is blind majority.
Makes sense

tenor.gif

sorry, typo can vs can't
fixed
should make sense now
I feel like it makes less sense now.. isn't that a double negative? Now I'm thinking entirely too hard on my vacation. though i understand where you are going with it.. :)

but, i just realized that @EyehatethePEexam PE was on the thread today (I just missed it). So @JayKay PE I change my vote to @jean15paul_PE for making me think too hard.

Back